Chapter 43

Tim's P.O.V.

"Oh COME ON!"

"What is it, Replacement?" Jason asked from the couch he was lounging on, he flicked through the channels, stopping on some sports game.

"Call Damian, tell him to come here right now. Make sure he has Marinette and her friend." Tim then rushed out of the room and opened the family group chat excluding Damian. They had one for each family member.

*   *   *

Demon Free Zone

Coffee Addict
BAD BAD BAD
Someone leaked a bunch of stuff including where Marinette's staying.
Jason's calling Damian, we need a family meeting like right now. Apparently whoever it was called everyone.

Coolest Cat
Have they found her?

Walking Zombie
Nah, Demon Spawn is on his way from Metropolis.

Coffee Addict
The press mobbed all exits from the hotel, Alfred please call the staff and ask them to stay. We need to find out who leaked the info ASAP.

Dark and Brooding
If they released more personal information, it could have been someone she knows. No employee would know what her parents do for a living.

OG Boy Wonder
I'm on my way, Kor'i and Mar'i are with me. How bad is it?

Coffee Addict
Nothing scandalous, but a lot of personal info: where she's from, school, her parents too. They did say that Damian's changed Marinette for the worse.
Jeez, they tried to clear the blond kids name! What a joke.

Dark and Brooding
We're going to need to get ahead of it this time. I'll talk to the Kent's.

OG Boy Wonder
Are we sure that's what's best? How do you think either of them are going to respond to themselves or each other being interviewed?

Coffee Addict
Let's just see what Clark and Lois say first, and if we do decide to do something like an interview they would probably be the ones to do it.

Dark and Brooding
Them or Vale.

Babs
Guys, make sure to use your experience to your advantage.

Walking Zombie
Mine was different.

Coffee Addict
Yeah, because yours was a real scandal. I just had to wait it out, but no one leaked anything and it wasn't as big of a deal. Damian's is worse because he's himself.

OG Boy Wonder
I had to release a statement but it wasn't as big of a deal, I agree with Tim: let's wait and see.
Pulling up to the Manor now.

*   *   *

Tim patiently waited for his family to arrive at the study, things like these were just uncommon enough to be a problem. Everyone except for Damian and Marinette arrive within the next five minutes, press outside the gates. They began to discuss, Mar'i interupted their debate on how Marinette's family should handle the situation.

"Why don't you call and ask?" The family froze, they hadn't thought of that- it was too late now but they could call in a few hours- midnight, 6 am Parisian time, would work.

Damian, Marinette, and Kim arrived an hour or so later still dressed in their beach clothes. Damian looked angry, Kim looked worried, and Marinette  somew here between the two nearly tearing up. Mar'i acted first running up to her fellow bluenette and giving her a tight hug.