Chapter 26

Damian's P.O.V.

Damian and Marinette spent the night training until Marinette began to sway, she refused to let the taller boy know how tired she was. When Damian finally noticed her lack of balance he asked her if she was alright, he had noticed she hadn't been speaking much but assumed it was out of focus. Worry laced his features as he waited for a response.

"I-" yawn, "I'm fine, Mon Étoile. Just tired." Marinette said as she relented to her body's demand for rest and sat down on the mat they had been sparing on. Damian sat next to her and she rested her head again his shoulder.

"I just need to rest my eyes for a minute." Marinette stated before closing her eyes, after a few minutes her breathing evened out and Damian assumed she fell asleep. Knowing her head couldn't be comfortable at the angle it was in, he slowly led them both down to lie on the mat, Marinette's head now resting on his chest as she curled up against his side. Damian simply looked down at the petite girl laying on him and played with her silky midnight hair.

Damian attempted to wake the Parisian a few times as the hours ticked by but couldn't find the strength to disturb the girl. Instead, he carefully picked her up bridal style and carried her to the elevator, through the halls, and to his room where he tried to lay her down. Marinette had a death grip on his shirt and wouldn't let go, Damian finally decided to lie with the girl and perhaps get some shut-eye as he waited for her to wake.

Marinette's P.O.V.

Marinette stirred a few hours later, the sun was in her eyes as it barely reached the window and she tried to cover it with her arm but was unable to move either of them. Marinette ignored the added weight and simply turned her head towards the fluffy hair that was on the other side of her head as she drifted off to sleep again.

Marinette tried to move, stiff and sore from the night before. When she tried to move the weight on top of her shifted, the fluffy top of whatever it was nestled closer to Marinette as its arms tightened around her. The threat of his precious, tiny space heater leaving was not something a sleepy Damian took lightly. Marinette's head was still filled with sleep, didn't want to move feeling so comfy but she desperately needed to stretch.

After a few failed attempts, Marinette was able to pry her eyes open only to close them again.

Damian was on top of her, his arms wrapped around her torso trapping her arms as his head rested in the crook of her neck breathing deeply. His chest rested on top of her's rising and falling at an even pace. She wanted nothing more than to stay sleeping with her warm blanket but a glance at the clock on his nightstand spurred Marinette into action. It was 6:30, she probably slept for three hours tops but had to get back to the hotel so she could see her friends off with Kim. And ask him about his date!

"Mon Étoile-"

"No." He grumbled defiantly, not wanting to move.

"I have to-" Marinette tried to explain but Damian lifted himself just enough that they were at eye level but not enough that she could escape.

"No, they plan on leaving at 9:30. You most likely had plans to meet up and see them off all the way to the airport. You have plenty of time." Damian said staring into her eyes before unceremoniously resting against her again.

"Damian!" Marinette said in annoyance as he refused to move.

"Fine." Marinette then tried to tickle his torso before he commented,

"That isn't going to work." Marinette harrumphed before she got an idea.

"Help! Armed assailant!" Marinette yelled just enough that anyone in the nearby rooms would hear. After a few crashes and slammed doors Jason, Tim, and Dick came crashing in with bats and crowbars- ready for anything. Marinette giggled at how their hair stuck out at odd angles, the boys just looked at her with faces filled with confusion.