Chapter 15

Bruce's P.O.V.

"Enough!" Marinette firmly said, her tone matched Bruce's during training. The boys snapped to attention reflexively. Marinette took a quick breath to calm down, they were finally getting somewhere. It was time to see what the girl was really like.

Marinette knew she had the rooms attention and stood tall before continuing,

"I understand that you three are excited, but please step back."

Bruce's oldest seemed to snap out of it first and pulled Tim and Jason, who were flanking him, back with him. Damian looked smug at his brother's predicament.

"Sorry." Was all the three older boys mumbled out, her features softened when she saw how embarrassed they were.

"So, you know Jagged Stone?" Tim said in a scared tone.

"Y-yes." Marinette said staring at the floor, her resolve for earlier melting away by the second. The Parisian's attitude went from authoritative to timid in the blink of an eye.

"How'd you meet him?" Jason asked next, recovering from their scolding much faster than his brothers.

"My class had a project at a hotel, I worked as a goffer and he was there. He asked me for a pair of Eiffel tower sunglasses, I couldn't find any that he liked so I made some." She said not wanting to elaborate any more than necessary.

"Do your parents not let him say your name or something? Why do you only go by your initials?" Dick asked still lagging from the bomb that had been dropped.

Tim slapped him on the head.

"I can answer that, Jagged said in many interviews that MDC- Marinette wants to remain anonymous to preserve their- her privacy. He only lets his closest friends have her contact information after she's said 'yes' to making a commission for them."

"I just didn't want too much attention." Marinette summed up after Tim finished. Everyone in the room understood what she was trying to avoid, she didn't want what just happened to become her life. She didn't care about being in the spotlight or being a celebrity, all she wanted to do was her job. No unnecessary attention.

"So when Alfred stopped you from answering the question of who we might know of that you designed for you didn't want to tell us because you thought something like this might happen?" Bruce asked for clarification about the question from earlier.

Marinette just nodded, she seemed almost relieved that they hadn't asked something else.

"Anyone else?" The parisian froze looking up from the ground with panicked eyes, Bruce's eyes had a no-nonsense look to them and she knew she couldn't get out of it. Sighing in defeat Marinette answered the question honestly.

"Really it's not necessary," Marinette looked around the room and realized she was cornered, "G-gabriel Agreste, Audrey Bousiouse, Cl-clara Nightingale mostly and a few others but m-mainly family and friends."

Tim pulled his phone out, not so subtly verifying every name.

"Alright alright, that's enough let the kitten breathe. Marinette?" The noirette looked toward Selina, "Why don't you come with me and Alfred, have some tea?" The noirette nodded and followed the two adults out, leaving Bruce and the boys alone in the living room.

"Demon Spawn, she's kind of perfect. Don't screw it up." Jason said as soon as the trio was out of earshot.

"Agreed. " Tim seconded.

"What?" Dick said his mind still lagging from the idea of the petite girl being Jagged Stones freaking honorary niece and designer. MDC, his favorite designer was in their freaking house.