Chapter 20

Marinette's P.O.V.

"WHAT THE HELL, NETIE!!"

"Ok we obviously have a bunch of questions but most importantly how are you? Is everything okay? Are you okay?"

"No! The most important question is if she saw the batmobile!" Kim contested.

"To answer your questions: I'm fine, I slept well. Everything is fine, and the Justice League agreed to help! Oh and you're gonna be so jealous, Monkey Boy, I got to ride in it."

"NO WAY!" Alix exclaimed

"No fair." Kim said slightly dejected.

"I'll be heading back soon. I'm super tired, but I'll head to Paris ASAP." Marinette said before she genuinely yawned and continued, "See if you can stay behind so we can discuss but if you can't it'll be fine."

"Alright, Maribug, but every detail."

"Sure." Marinette said with mock enthusiasm, she knew she couldn't tell them about their identities. They said their goodbyes and Marinette looked down to hang up the phone only to look up and see Damian stretching, still shirtless.

'How could anyone be that attractive and not realize it?' Marinette thought to herself, as Damian finished stretching and put a hand through his hair.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" Damian asked innocently, genuinely confused for once. All Marinette could do was point at his chest as she studied him again. He seemed to realize for the first time that he was shirtless.

"Oh." Was all that came out of his mouth as he paled before blushing considerably. Finally coming to his senses, Damian went to his closet and looked for a shirt or sweater, anything to cover himself as he continued to feel Marinette's stare. All of Damian's drawers were empty, he looked again and noticed a small post it which read:

'lol not sorry, couldn't resist.' which was signed with Jason's signature. Marinette was still staring.

"Angel?"

"Hm?" Marinette responded in a daze, still studying Damian in his shirtless, flustered state. His neck, face, and ears were pink by then. Damian knew she was checking him out, again, and again, and again, and felt very self-conscious. His scars weren't that bad were they?

"I-it seems my infidel of a brother stole all of my clothes, could I borrow the sweater?"

"O-of course." Marinette was about to take off the sweater when Mar'i came running into the room and sat on Marinette's lap (as she was still on the floor).

"Good morning!"

"Good morning, Mar'i!" Marinette said chirpily, "Could you get up for a second so I could give your uncle Dami his sweater?"

"Okay!" Mar'i responded and got up with Marinette who then took off the sweater not noticing how her camisole and Damian's breath hitched up as she handed him the sweater. Damian didn't respond, he was staring at Marinette.

The bluenette's arms were on display as was her bellybutton and the surrounding part of her midsection. But what really got Damian was a clear view of the girl's collar bones. Marinette seemed to notice that her shirt had gone up when she took the sweater off and quickly pulled it down.

"Marinette?"

"Yes, Mar'i?"

"Is uncle Damian okay? He looks like a fish." Marinette laughed at the small girl's evaluation before answering her.

"Yes, he's just being silly." At that Marinette threw the hoodie at Damian, which promptly landed on him but didn't cause a response.

"Maybe he needs a hug to feel better?"