Chapter 29

Damian's P.O.V.

"Like your one to talk, you look gorgeous." Damian could hear her friends laughing on the phone,

"Le Chien, I assume you are doing well considering Jon informed me of your courtship."

"WHAT!" All the girls suddenly exclaimed and both boys' faces dropped.

"KIM!"

"Oh wow, look at the time! Make sure to be back before it gets too late and don't walk much, this is Gotham after all." Marinette grabbed the phone from Kim and said simply

"Chloe. Every. Detail." The blond saluted and Kim shooed the ravenette's out of the lobby.

"My apologies, Le Chien."

"It's fine, dude. Now I just have to deal with being interrogated, but don't worry about it. Oh, Nettie, if he takes you to the arcade or something don't show off, its rude." Marinette rolled her eyes as her friend evacuated into the lobby.

"So, where to?" Marinette asked curious as to where they would be going.

"Well, if you'd like to, I was hoping to take you to a small bistro I know of."

"Sounds great!" Marinette agreed.

"Shall we, then?" Damian offered his hand and she took it and they walked toward his parked car.

Damian opened the door for Marinette, he had to ask before it would become pointless. He was about to close the door and finally said it,

"Marinette, if you'd like we can always reschedule or if you'd like we don't have to go to a restaurant." Damian offered, she had to be given all her options clearly. She understood why he asked, she smiled at him.

"Please. It takes a lot more than that to get rid of me." She said mimicking his signature smirk.

"Good." Was all he said before he shut the door and walked to the other side of the car. Damian started the car and pulled out, driving towards the restaurant.

"I've been wondering, what got you into fashion?" Damian asked honestly.

"I don't really know, I just remember loving putting my outfits together and fixing my clothes when they tore. Eventually, I drew shirts or outfits I liked and started coming up with my own. The first thing I ever made was a simple scarf, it was easy but made me feel accomplished. I worked my way up from there and eventually it went from an interest to a hobby and now I can't really imagine doing anything else. What about you? Have you always wanted to study business and law?"

"Well, I didn't know who my father was until I was ten. My childhood wasn't normal in any sense of the word but you could say I was raised to be a leader. I found the business and law aspects of Wayne Enterprises to be a worthwhile endeavor that would provide interesting challenges."

"And what about becoming Robin? When did you assume your alter ego?"

"When I met my father. Though now that you bring that up, how did you end up with your current team? You don't have to tell me but I was just curious."

"Well, I couldn't keep working with Chat but even then we needed more help. Hawkmoth could attack anywhere in the city at any time and more people meant that it was more likely someone would be nearby or able to get there and handle the situation even if they have to wait for me to finish the battle. If that makes sense."

"It does, speaking of Paris... how is it that you, being yourself, have never been on a date before. Especially in the city of love." Damian teased, he expected her to respond with a retort. Then again she always surprised him.