Chapter 9

Marinette's P.O.V.

Damian and Marinette were talking while eating their churro when Marinette asked,

"So, how does a teenager like yourself end up working at Wayne Enterprises? It sounds kinda crazy to me, but please share your secrets with meee!"

Before Damian had a chance to answer Marinette heard her name being called out by a painfully familiar voice,

"Marinette! Hey, Marinette!" Marinette sighed giving Damian an apologetic look but he didn't seem to notice he was looking in the direction they were in. Marinette turned to Adrien who now seemed less excited to see her, or more accurately who was next to her.

"Agreste." Was her indifferent response.

"What are you doing here? Why are you with Marinette? She doesn't want to spend time with you." Marinette was livid.

"SHE is right here and can choose who she wants to spend time with for herself. Now if you'll excuse us, Adrien, we have to go meet up with Chloe and the rest of the group." Marinette made sure to mention Chloe, knowing it was a sore subject for him.

Adrien only flinched for a moment but before the noirettes could make their escape Adrien grabbed Marinette's arm and she exclaimed in surprise and pain.

"No! Trust me you don't want to spend time with him. Wayne may think he's so high and mighty but he's nothing but a spoiled brat. Come with me princess, come back with the rest of the class and stop with the drama between you and Lila, her lies aren't hurting anyone." Marinette noticed Damian flinch at the mention of the word 'Wayne', so it was true... well she can deal with that later though she probably should have realized it sooner-

"Okay, listen up, Agreste because I'm only going to explain this to you once even if you aren't worth me wasting my breath. I can choose who I spend my time with and you have no say in anything I do because you lost that right the moment you decided to side with Lila instead of helping me stand up for myself and giving your 'friends' what they deserved, the truth, instead of letting Lila lead them around lying to them! I would never be friends with anyone willing to ignore what they know is the truth and let the people they care about be misled by a bully like that. And don't call me princess, because you most certainly don't have the privilege of calling me a nickname, especially a derogatory one like that. Get out of my face, you disgust me." At that Marinette shoved Adrien off her before turning around grabbing Damian by the hand and led him away from Adrien. Damian's hand grounded her as she focused on her breathing, quickly leading him away from Adrien.

Once Agreste was out of view she rounded a corner and pulled Damian in between two stands and covered his mouth while nodding in the direction they had just come from. After a few seconds, Agreste went by fuming with his hands in his pockets. As soon as Adrien was out of earshot Marinette turned to Damian and began to speak,

"I'm really sorry about him and that you had to see that, but he just crossed a line and there was no way I was going to get away with speaking about you like that. And on that note, WHY THE HELL DID YOU NOT TELL ME YOU WERE A FREAKING WAYNE!" Marinette quietly exclaimed before she continued, mumbling, "Though I guess I should have recognized you sooner! Or well maybe you just wanted someone that liked you for you and not your last name, which makes sense though Adrien must have ruined that, really I don't care too much. I'm just upset you didn't trust me to tell me in the first place, though we just met so it's not like you would know how I would react so I guess-"

"Angel, calm down. Are you alright?"

Marinette paused for a moment before she answered,

"Kinda? I mean Adrien has never done anything like that in the past but I'm glad I was finally able to tell him that."