Chapter 42

Damian's P.O.V.

"This way, Mr. Le Chien, Madam Marinette." Alfred opened the door and his and Kent's respective companions walked in. The former was marveling at everything as Marinette kindly thanked Alfred for the both of them and went to greet her boyfriend. Damian refused to look at anything besides her face, in fear of another Ladybird incident.

"Hey, Mon Étoile!" She chirpily greeted him.

"Why aren't you dressed?" Her spark dimmed slightly, worried as to why he wasn't ready.

"I didn't have the chance, first you have to go see Grayson so we can go." Damian dragged Marinette towards Grayson's room where all his brothers were waiting, leaving Le Chien and Kent in their wake. He opened the door and saw a nervous Dick. He was clearly worried as to why he was singled out.

"Oh! Dick, perfect! Thank you, Damian." Marinette said as she fished something from her bag. Grayson relaxed slightly once he saw that she was excited instead of angry.

"I heard your birthday passed a few weeks before we met so..." Marinette finally pulled a rectangular box from the bag, exclaiming: "Happy Birthday! Or well late birthday!"

Grayson stared at the box wide eyed, it looked like a clothing box, he reached out for the gift carefully like he might break it. He finally took the box from her hands and untied the ribbon holding the thin cardboard box together, taking the top half of the box off and slowly unfolded the tissue paper.

Todd and Drake eyed the box jealously, he was the first to receive a gift from Marinette besides Damian.

His mouth opened slightly at the sight of the fabric, he nearly dropped the box before hastily taking it out to unfold the clothes. He gasped when he saw the piece in its full glory.

"A Marinette Original." Drake breathed out enviously. Grayson carefully studied the jacket, taking note of the extra pockets, the patch, and other small details hinting at his nightly activities. Finally his breathing stopped when he saw the inner collar of the piece which had painstaking stitched message:

'Happy Birthday to my hero, thank you for your help and friendship!
-MDC'

Grayson broke into a grin, eyes shining like he'd been praised by his idol (which he had) as he put it on and went to hug the girl.

"Your my favorite, thank you!" Marinette laughed as she hugged him back.

"Happy birthday." Grayson pulled away and showed the jacket flauntingly at his other brothers.

"Are we really gonna have to wait until our birthdays to get our own Marinette Originals?" Drake asked sadly,

"Well, there's always Christmas-" Jason whined, "-And I already started one for each of you so I could bring them when I visit!" She seemed amused by their jealousy.

"ITS NOT FAIRRRRRRR~! Dick's gonna say that she likes him most 'till we get our own, when we all know she likes me best!" Jason exclaimed.

"No! She likes me most!" Drake exclaimed.

"Guys, she obviously likes me most. Look at the evidence!" Grayson exclaimed motioning towards himself smugly. The boys began to argue until someone cut in.

"Actually, I think she likes her boyfriend best. After that it's obviously me." The three boys turned towards the door where Kent and Le Chien were, the french accent told Damian Kim was the one that had spoken.

"Who's that?" Jason asked.

"Oh! This is Le Chien Kim, he's the friend I'm staying with." Marinette answered.