CHAPTER 25

Unknown POV

"How could you let her get away?! You good for nothing pieces of shit! You had one simple task! One!" I was boiling over with rage. The vampires I had entrusted with killing Jessica had failed miserably.

"We blew up the place like u told us to." said the first inept half-blood.

"We put the note and everything making her feel like we were gonna spare her life." added the other.

"Yeah, we did as you said boss. She somehow managed to escape and we tried following her, but she ran onto the wolf's territory."

"We couldn't get close enough to finish her off, but we made sure that the wolfsbane had taken effect before the wolf took her away. So she should be dead in a month or two." he trembled as the words left his mouth.

"You imbeciles! You low life sons of bitches! Do you think I care for your petty ass excuses?! I don't! I wanted her dead today! Not in a couple of months! 

Today is the last day you have on this earth to live! Now find her and bring her back here this instant! If you don't then your lives will be taken rather than hers."

I was now trembling in anger. I needed something to take my mind from everything, so I headed out of the cave and into the city. Before I left I punched the still trembling half-blood in the stomach then kicked the other in his side.

He blocked it so I kicked him in his face and left. I got to the closest restaurant and went straight to the bathroom. 

As I looked into the mirror I adjusted my dress shirt then washed my hands. I ran a hand through my hair and allowed it to fall on my face freely. I stared myself in the mirror, willing my eyes to return to their original blue color.

I was a full-blooded vampire after all. I escaped from the prison my father held me in. It pissed me off to be closed off from the world like some animal. I'm not saying that I wasn't though, I just didn't like being trapped.

He had a right to do it though because I wanted nothing more than to see the world burn. I wanted to rule over all the other supernatural's for they didn't stand a chance against my power.

 As I gazed upon myself, the memories that lead up to now, floated into my mind.

"You can't keep me trapped in here old man! Once I get out, I'll kill you with my bare hands!" I yelled at my father's retreating form.

 He then turned around and said "You mustn't let your rage get the best of you if you wish to succeed me. I am only doing this for your sake."

"Fine then, I'll calm down. I promise you I won't do anything to upset you until I see mother. Can you let me out so that I can go see her?"  I said, thinking of anything other than the fact that I wanted to escape.

He walked back over to my cell door and stared at my eyes. I knew he was reading my mind so I thought of my mother and how badly I wanted to see her. He unlocked the cell door but placed metal chains on my wrists.

I sighed but knew this would be the only way I would have the chance to escape. He held my bicep and led me up the stairs of the cellar.

He took me to my mother's sleeping chamber and knocked lightly on the door before entering. "My love, our son wishes to see you."

"Let him in dear." He let me walk in and I sat next to her bed. I stared down at her pale face. She was pregnant but she wouldn't be able to live after the child's birth.