CHAPTER 20

A/N @ the end. Please read!!

Finally Getting it.

Katalina's POV

Night soon fell with us behind the veil. I studied until midnight and was still studying. I only had one day and one night to get this healing thing right. The way I was moving right now, the other book would take me another day to finish.

I learned the basic healing techniques and spells from the first book. I was now onto the second book that showed how to heal different supernatural beings in many different ways.

I never thought that I would be able to heal. Now that I have this new power I don't know if I'll ever be safe again.

A knock came on my door and I was pulled out from my thoughts.

"How's everything going Kat?" Vea asked.

She wasn't able to walk around like us. Andre and Steph were getting some training in with the other healers that protected the veil. Vea had to stay inside so that no other healers would notice her.

Back when the world was in chaos and supernaturals ruled over the earth, dark witches would kill healers and drink their blood to gain power.

So, for a witch to be in the veil, the healers here would stop at nothing until she was killed. "I've finished the book with the basics. I just can't seem to wrap my head around this whole thread healing."

"What's thread healing?"

"It's basically what the title is. Healing or fixing a broken thread." She looked at me with furrowed brows. I then continued, not wanting to leave her confused.

"To clear it up better for you, the thread signifies our souls. That single thread is connected to our wolf and our mate. Thus, making us tied to each other until the bonding ceremony where the thread is quadrupled and made unbreakable. 

The instructions say that I have to call upon the moon gem and wield its power as my own to mend the thread back together. The only issue is, I don't know how the moon gem looks, and for me to summon something I have to visualize it. It's making me very frustrated."

She came over and sat beside me. "Isn't there a photo that you can look at for reference?"

"There is but it's a drawing. That doesn't really help with visuals." she nodded.

"Maybe you should rest and then have one of the healers help you." I nodded as she got up and headed back out of the room.

This was the spell that would help mend Jess's wolf. I need to get this down. If it doesn't work then I'll do what Vea said and start again tomorrow. 

I need to visualize. Visualize Katalina. You can do this. "Moon gem, I call on you," I said in a whisper. I felt my magic spur around me but when I opened my eyes, floating there in front of me wasn't the moon gem but a rock that was shaped like the gem.

I'm basically summoning rocks rather than the actual gem. UGH!

I then heard another knock on the door as Andre walked into the room. "How about we get some rest and start first thing in the morning Luna?"

He extended his right arm to me and I took it. He pulled me up to him then carried me bridal style. Oh, how I could get used to this. 

*

I woke up to Andre pulling away from me. I grabbed hold of his hand not wanting to let go just yet. I heard him laugh before opening my eyes to see him gazing down on me.

"Luna, didn't you hear Elise? She said you have to practice today. She also said to wake your ass up before she comes barging in here."

I groaned. I felt like it was too early to be doing this. I then remembered what I had told myself the night before and got up and headed for the bathroom.

While Andre was in the shower, I fixed my hair and brushed my teeth. After he got out of the shower I got in and took my time.

I was startled to hear a rough knock on the bedroom door. I quickly wrapped the towel around me and leaned my ear onto the door. 

"Don't tell me your still asleep princess!" It was Elise. Ever since I crossed the veil, I've noticed she wasn't one to shy away from an argument or confrontation. I like her.

"She's up healer, now if you would please stop hitting the door before you break it in," Andre said back at her.

I laughed silently as Elise said "Whatever dog!" and stomped away from the door.

I then walked out of the bathroom with my towel around me just to see Andre rush to the door and open it yelling "I'm not a dog, I'm a wolf!"

I laughed out loud this time and got dressed. Soon enough I was in the kitchen with Roxy and Elise sitting opposite of me.

We spent the entire day healing small animals and going over all the basics. It was now time to heal bigger animals and different supernatural beings.

No one was injured so we moved onto thread healing. Finally! I thought excitedly. This was the reason I came behind this veil.

I practiced and even became mad when all I summoned was those stupid rocks. Nivea on the other hand was finding it funny. 

"I'll add these to my special rock collection. Keep it up, Kat"

"I don't know whether you're mocking me, being sarcastic or if you even have a damn rock collection." She didn't answer. She just giggled which just made me get even more mad.

"You aren't supposed to summon it princess. You are to call on it. Meaning you have to ask it's permission for you to wield its power as your own. The moon gem belongs to no one and summoning it means you want to keep it. Don't visualize what your summoning just think about what you want to use the gem for.

Imagine asking the gem to borrow its magic. Then feel the power flowing through you and then expel that power out in the shape that was given in the book."

"I'll try," I said. Her visual was way better than trying to do it myself.

I focused on imagining I was talking to the gem. Weird right?

Moon gem, I call upon you. I wish to borrow you for I need to heal this wolf's wounds. That is all I ask of you.

I then felt a new power coursing through me. I did as Roxy said and visualized it flowing through me. Then I expelled it into the shape of the stone. I opened my eyes to see everyone staring at the moon gem floating in my hand.

"I did it!" as I said that the gem disappeared. "Where did it go Roxy?"

"I told you Katalina, the gem is for no one. You only called on it for practice. Since you had no intention of using its power at this time, it vanished taking its power with it."

"Wow. I never knew healing was so interesting." Steph said as he entered the kitchen. Andre squeezed my hand lightly and smiled at me.

"Now you must learn other healing techniques. Come, nightfall is almost here and I would like to send you on your way as day breaks."

I nodded. "Everyone else can leave so we can work with her one on one. Bye!"

Elise pushed everyone out of the room then came back over to me as they began teaching me and helping me practice the other healing techniques.

~Hey guys!! I'm back and I'm going to start posting chapters every day once more. I've managed my time better thus allowing me to spend more time writing. I really hope you are all enjoying the story so far! Don't forget to leave a vote or comment!

Sincerely,
iWearGlasses2~