CHAPTER 16

A ceremony to remember.

Katalina's POV

Alisia had lied about the dresses. All the dresses were changed into something that was a slim fit. The white had a back up with a sexier version along with the mint green one. Whereas the pink was just the pink.

When I came out of the bath she had laid out a new mint green dress in place of the old one she said "I don't like that you're too innocent. I would much rather prefer sending you out in this rather than that goody-two-shoes of a dress."

Don't get me wrong both dresses were beautiful, this one was even more gorgeous but it was going to be ripped apart when we shifted and she knew this. "I don't want to tear this dress. I didn't mind the other one but this one...I can't bring myself to do it."

"Oh nonsense child, if you like it that much we can just make another for you," she said, "Now hurry and get dress. We have to head out soon. Oh and don't do anything to your hair. It looks beautiful like that." I nodded and began to get ready. 

I let my hair down and air dry a bit before I slid on the dress. It fit like a glove. I just hoped my mate wouldn't tell me anything.

When the time grew near Alisia knocked on my door, entered before I got the chance to say 'come in' and smiled. "You looked beautiful," she said.

She had told me that I should wear something on my feet when we headed over to the hall. As we got there I took them off before I entered.

Andre looked nothing short of breathtaking. He too was barefooted and not once did my eyes leave him. We were matching once again and I heard him say that his parents had set it up for that to happen, in his mind. 

As I stood in front of him and smiled I took my time to then look around me.

The gathering hall was filled with wolves, I saw a few I knew and others that were new. I also saw some of my witch friends. Lights hung from the ceiling and the brightest were those behind the alpha. There was also a fire crackling behind him. The rest of the room seemed dark in comparison.

Flowers sprinkled the way I had walked in and I had been too focused on Andre to feel them beneath my feet. His mother walked in with me at the door while everyone fell silent but now she wasn't anywhere to be seen. Especially in this big crowd.

His father began the ceremony drawing me out of my thoughts and pulling back my attention to him.

"We call on you, oh goddess of the moon to join these two souls to begin anew. Let them be bound as one for we are grateful to you. We call on Katalina and Andre to exchange there vows as we begin the ceremony." Wow, right to the point with this ceremony.

I was nervous but this was what I had been preparing for all evening so I best get it on with. I took a deep breath and exhaled lightly then I began reciting my vows.

"In the name of the moon goddess I, Katalina Regina, take you, Andre Regile, as my mate, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love unconditionally and to cherish, until we die. This is my solemn vow to you as your mate.

From the first day I laid my eyes on you, I knew we were a force to be reckoned with. My heart longs for you and it beats for you alone. I had a conflict with myself on what I was to say to you, but I decided on not memorizing as speaking from my heart.

Your eyes, your lips, your face, your smile, are a few of the many things I want to wake up to in the morning. Your scent, your laugh, your heart, your raging dominance are all things that I live for. I would love to be the mother of your children and to guide and protect them as you protect me. I adore you Andre and I would like to show my love to you."