CHAPTER 22

The battle begins.

~One month later~

Katalina's POV

We've been training and working ourselves to the bone. I learned to fight, honing my battle skills in both my wolf and human form.

In the mornings I would work on my magic and in the evenings I would spar with Steph, Luca, Jason, Warren, and Andre. Sometimes we'd switch it up and practice magic in the mornings and spar in the evenings 

Jason was the alpha's third in command and Luca was Catherine's brother. Catherine also helped me train my body but she never once fought me.

Nivea would also spar with me. We trained to cast spells quicker without needing to say the spells aloud and I learned so many things about magic that I didn't know existed.

We've discovered the vampire's hideout with the help of Alisia and Jessica. I still feel bad for Jess with her being in the position she is. 

Thankfully she has chosen to help us fight, even after hearing the news about her soon to come death. I wanted to do more to help her but at the moment I have to prepare for the battle to come.

It's the fifth of May and my birthday is five days away. I'm honestly excited about my new powers.

I want to be able to protect everyone, not just the ones I hold close to my heart. Soon I'll be able to convert to my true form.

I was suddenly brought out of my thoughts by a loud crash. I rushed to see what had happened. Jumping down from a crushed vehicle was Warren.

He must have been thrown there. I thought. "You idiots! I just got that fixed! Now your gonna have to pay upfront you fuckers!" 

An old wolf stepped out from the packhouse behind me, rushing to his now crushed vehicle. He looked pissed. I giggled. Well they definitely had it coming with the way they were training.

Someone then inhaled from behind me and placed their hands on my hips. "Aren't you supposed to be practicing those spells of yours Luna?"

"Aren't you supposed to be training to protect me alpha?" Andre spun me around in his arms and held me tightly as we gazed into one another's eyes.

"Nope. This isn't going to happen. We have to prepare your body and mind, Kat, let's go!" Nivea dragged me away from a grinning Andre. I pouted at her as we entered into my training room, which was one of many.

I practice my magic here and in the forest where the trees are cleared. Nivea would leave me with a task to do and the minute I wasn't doing that said task, she would come for me in the drop of a hat.

"Couldn't I at least kiss him?"

"No! He's a super huge dickstraction and we don't need that right now."

I laughed at her wordplay and looked at my watch, it was 1 o'clock. "Did you just say dick-straction?"

"No... see now you're just imagining things," she said with a smirk on her face.

"Fine, let's get to it then." Not long after a knock came to the door. "Come in," I said.

 Andre entered and came to sit next to me. "Your time is up Nivea. My mate and I have some training to do."

"Fine, I'll see you tomorrow Kat. Bye!" I hugged her goodbye and headed to the kitchen with Andre to have lunch then we headed to the back yard where we met up with Steph, Warren, Luca, and Jason.