CHAPTER 12

The bitch named karma.

Jessica's POV

I ran. I ran as fast as I could to the cabin. It was abandoned and I fixed it up after the vampire lord helped me fake my death.

I always wondered how he was always stronger than me, even in my wolf form. He was the ruler of those disgusting things. 

As the cabin came into view, I noticed something white was stuck to the door. When I arrived at the front of the door I pulled the thing off the door. It was a note with my name on it.

I looked around wondering if someone was watching me. I didn't feel any eyes on me so I knew it had to be one of those pesky vampires that worked for the lord.

I decided to head inside rather than stand outside where I was vulnerable to open attacks or that someone might see me since I was still Alpha Damion's territory.

I locked the door before turning on the lights and heading to the little kitchen on the right side of the two-bedroom cabin. Opening the mini-refrigerator I decided I would get a drink of water and sit down before I opened the letter. 

The words from the letter replayed in my mind like a broken record player. 

"My servants are itching Jess, they want a taste of you. 

Let them have some, for me. -Your dearest Vampire Lord" 

My blood ran cold. It disgusted me that he thought I was his play toy where he could take advantage of me like that. I just wanted to find my mate and be on my merry way.

A knock then came from the door. I felt the blood drain from my face as the scent of vampires invaded my nose. 

You could always tell the difference between the good vampires and the bad ones. The bad reeked of rotting flesh, as they were dead and the fact that they were evil only caused their body to deteriorate and a low pace.

The good on the other hand didn't have such a strong rotting scent. They on the other hand smelt like caves or forests.

I was too caught up in my thoughts that I hadn't noticed the door open. In front of me stood one of the vampires.

I ran to the room I occupied and locked the door. I then ran into the adjacent bathroom and locked that door as well. 

For some odd reason the thought of shifting into my wolf form never crossed my mind but as I sat there listening to more and more vampires break into my room, I did what I never thought I would do.

I called out to my mate. I called out to him hoping that our bond would bring him to me. 

Then it hit me, I was never raised to be a little bitch and if I wanted an alpha tilt then I would just have to work for it. I shifted it my wolf.

Shaking out my brown fur preparing for the attack. That attack never came though and the cabin became deathly quiet.

Did my mate actually hear my call and come for me?

The room's door was then broken down and a knock came on the bathroom door. Once again I readied my stance, ready to pounce on whoever came through the door or window for that matter.

What came after the knock instead was another note being slid under the door.

"Goodbye wolfie, nice playing with ya'," the vampire on the outside of the door said. I listened in and waited for their footsteps to retreat. After waiting for about ten minutes I finally shifted back and picked up the note.