CHAPTER 21

Saving the friend at last 

Andre's POV

I shrugged out of my Luna's grasp and headed to the bathroom to get ready. 

The sun would be up in a few minutes so I decided to pack up our things while giving Katalina a few more minutes to rest.

When I finished packing the last of our things I heard a knock on the door. This better not be that pesky healer that has no respect when it comes to talking to wolves.

I stood up and opened the door. It was Elise. I knew it.

"Good morning dog, I mean wolf. If Katalina isn't up as yet tell her to do so now because you will be escorted out in 20 minutes. It takes five minutes to get to the veil's exit so I would suggest you all be out here in ten."

I growled as she left. She was never kind to me the entire time I was here with my Luna. She wasn't even kind to Steph and he was the one that actually tried to befriend her.

When I walked over to the bed Katalina was no longer there. I then heard the shower turn on. I smiled to myself. She must've heard us talking and woke up. Stupid healer.

I left her bag on the bed and took the rest of our things into the living room. Elise and Roxy were talking to Steph and laughing. I knew they would warm up to Steph eventually.

Nivea then came out of her room rubbing the sleep from her eyes. Her hair was still wet, evident that she had taken a shower moments ago.

After five minutes Katalina came out with her bag. She then cast a spell and hid all our bags so we wouldn't have to carry them.

I guessed Nivea wasn't fully awake to use her magic. We were all ready now. We followed the healers to the veil and said our goodbye's.

For us to leave, the healers would have to touch us. I hated having another woman's hand on me. I felt repulsed. I let her touch me anyway so that I could go with my mate.

I walked up to Katalina's side and held her hand. Steph was behind us along with Nivea talking about their experience behind the veil. I felt my Luna's emotion and all she wanted to do was focus.

So, I let her. I rubbed her hand now and again just to let her know I had her back.

We had been walking for three hours when I smelt it. My head whipped to look at Steph who nodded his head then shifted into his wolf.

"There are rogues out here Luna, we need to run. We can't fight them all off. Steph will carry Nivea and I'll carry you. You girls can put a shield for us as we run. Come on!" I yelled as I shifted.

Nivea hopped onto Steph and mumbled words under her breath then light shown off them. It looked like their skin was glowing.

I felt my Luna get on my back and saw the same light on us as well.

"It would be best if we hide our presence and slowed time down to get away from them. It wouldn't be good to have them follow us for hours or for either of us to get separated. Vea you cover our presence and I'll slow time for as long as I can."

Nivea nodded and as Katalina snapped her fingers, we ran. I pushed my legs hard to go faster on each stride. 

How are you holding up? I asked her through our mind link.

She then said out loud "There's a vampire helping the rogues somehow. Each time I slow the time down, it's sped up back by a second. I'm holding it at a slow pace to help us escape but if we don't move faster, they'll catch up to us in less than an hour."