Part 2 Memories and Nightmares

Erika (Amunet) POV

I awoke with a gasp, my eyes darting around the room. A name flooded through my mind like alcohol. James. His scent... His eyes... Lips. My husband. Dead. Voices boomed downstairs, my curiosity peaked as I got out of bed.

A older blonde was tossing Niklaus around like a doll, Petar and Hades no where to be found. Hope was hiding in the kitchen as I walked by and outside, her icy blue eyes looking onto me.

"Who are you now?"

" Amunet... Who might you be?"

"Esther... Care to join my game?" She slowly approached, a smirk on her lips as she flicked her wrist, like a servant I kneeled before her. Klaus yelling along with Damon and Elijah. I narrowed my hues at her, grabbing her wrist. Like a tidal wave it hit me. Memories, power, strength. I growled in pain, stepping back. My air losing color. My skin growing lighter. " Well well... ERIKA BLOODY CLARK." It was all back. Khal... Derek... All the people new to my life now have faces and memories. Sila walked in, her eyes growing wide.

"Mother!"

"Sila stand back... I have something to finish." A smirk crossed my lips as I looked to Esther. "This... Is for hurting my children... my family... And daring to come into my home!" In a blur I had her pinned to the wall, my fangs bared as I reached into her chest, feeling her heart pulse in my hands as I squeezed. She tired to use magic against my mind, yet it merely tingled. Like pulling a tooth I tore her heart out, her eyes growing wide like the smirk on my lips. " Good night." I heard Niklaus and Elijah sink to the floor from where her magic had them pinned. Everyone expecting me to be different. Compelled. I wasn't. Thankful obviously that I was in control of my own body. Yet when Petar walked into the french quarter he looked at me with such sorrow. He and I both knew I could be sentenced to death. For something Khal had caused.

"Mum are you alright."

"Yes my son." I looked to Klaus before pulling him into a hug. Neither of us really were good with physical contact yet stood hugging for moments. "I'm okay... I'm just fine..." A sigh escaped me as he let go and looked at me with watery eyes. I exchanged a glance with Petar before giving a nod and taking to the roof tops. Of course he followed quickly behind.

"Erika?"

" Yes..." I mumbled while taking a seat. Moments later he sat down beside me and silence took over till he spoke again. "I went to Olympus ... If we can kill Khal... They won't kill you."

" How comforting."

" It is the best I can do I'm sorry."

"You shouldn't be... It wasn't your fault." I mumbled and looked down at my hand. The golden band still tight around my finger as I tugged it off and offered it to him. "Here..."

" Of course..." He carefully took it, examining it while I tried to ignore the emotional connection he seemed to have with the object. "I still love you."

"I don't love anymore Petar... You've seen what I have become." It was then that for once we spoke honestly to each other, relaxed for once.

"You've stood strong though. You're still the woman I love just...more-"

"Harsh? Evil? Careless?" My eyes locked with his before I took a deep breath. "I'm almost hoping we can't kill Khal because this world is killing me. I told you this before and I'll tell you again. I don't belong on this earth anymore."

"I remember you wanting to go to Olympus. To raise Amunta well... Sila."

"Yes... Tell me... Did you know my father was planning my death?" Petar shook his head before taking a deep breath.

"Once I left I assumed he would punish you. Death would have been freeing. As gods though we can't stop death. It's intervening with life's course."

"I know and I was harsh on you... For leaving. For that I am sorry."

" Erika Clark saying I'm sorry?" I punched him in the arm, a laugh escaping his pale pink lips. "Ouch! Trying to kill a God?"

"Possibly." A smirk crossed my lips before I looked away. "Don't get to use to my apologies. I don't get emotional often."

"I know... I feel how you feel. Well I can sense it."

"Really? Then tell me how am I feeling in this very moment." His hand found it's way to my cheek, those toxic blue hues staring at me before his lips pressed to mine. Lips I hadn't dared to touch in thousands of years. Like fools we fumbled our way to his bedroom. He took the time to force the wedding ring back on my finger and laugh.

"I'm not letting you take this off Amunet."

"O really?"

" Not a chance in hell." A smirk crossed his features before his lips found mine again. I didn't leave in the morning out of shame. Let alone leave at all. Breakfast was left unmade the next day. My eyes too heavy to open as his scent invaded my heightened senses. Finger tips drawing on my back. His breathing so calm with my head resting on his chest. Little did we know what targets we just made ourselves by rekindling whatever we happened to have going now. Petar I swear to you it wasn't my intention to love you ever again. I never wanted to feel the way I felt with you again.

"Wake up love."

"I dare not..." A laugh escaped him as I lifted my head and blinked my eyes open for a moment before pressing my lips back to his.

"Can I say I love you Erika?"

"Only if you whisper it... Anyone who seems to love me ends up dead."

"Then fine... I love you Erika... Amunet Clark." He whispered it like a sin, a smirk crossing my lips.

"I love you too..."