Mummy's Home

Caroline POV

It all happened so fast. Before I knew it Elena and I were running to the howls of Niklaus and the screams of Rebekah. God only knows why Elijah was silent. Klaus had told us to stay behind because it wasn't safe, but now we had no choice. The moment we entered the room I gasped. Klaus was pinned by magic and metal to the floor, Elijah was bound by ropes and bound by a spell, and Rebekah was staked to the post, I assumed also bound by magic. Mikael had friends, apparently witches on his side. Before either of us could move a muscle we'd been bound with Damon, Stefan, and Bonnie.

"Seems it is the end of the line for all of you." Mikael laughed slightly and glared at Niklaus "Hopefully you said good bye to your daughter..." He was silenced by the sound of glass breaking in the warehouse as he glanced around, stepping on Marcel's hand as he nearly jumped back. "Whose there? Who even dares to try and fight me right now?! Hayley?!" 

"Now Now Mikael." A strong British accent of a female filled the room, all the Originals were looking around. None seemed to recognize the voice except Mikael. 

"They said you were dead." He whispered in fear, looking to the witches who could easily feel his emotions, they kept us all bound,yet took a step back closer to the door. "Show yourself." The clicking of heels boomed through the empty building as a blonde came into view. She was elegance in female form, her golden eyes examining all of us for a moment. 

"When I gave up my son it was to protect him. It was to save him from his curse and the supernatural life." Her jaw tensed as she lifted her hand and flicked her wrist, sending every witch and Mikael to their knees. "I gave you no right to hurt him! My flesh and bone!" She growled and blurred over to him, lifting him into the air with another flick of her wrist.

"He is an abomination. I was merely cleaning up~"

"If he is an abomination to this world then God forgive you for trying to destroy him because I am the oldest on and strongest of all." She smirked slightly, it was identical to Niklaus'.

Niklaus POV

I felt my heart pounding at the words spoken between this woman and Mikael. Her eyes were golden, her scent more ancient than I had ever come across before. She carried herself with such pride I felt like a king no longer. She looked to the witches and released her hold on them, in an instant they cleared the place and we were all set free and gathering ourselves, yet even I was afraid to move. 

"I will set you free Mikael...only because I'll enjoy taking you apart piece by piece." She grabbed his neck, digging her crimson nails into his flesh as he growled. "If you come near my boy or any of his friends and family. I will make sure your death is spectacular." She released him and without a word he left. We were all silent for a moment or two before I adjusted my jacket and cleared my throat, regaining my composure. 

"Who are you..." I slowly approached her as she turned around and examined me. I stopped, leaving feet between us, yet she closed the space. Her eyes turned from golden to sky blue and she smiled slightly. 

"I'm your mother Niklaus. That is still your name isn't? I had that as one of my many requests." I took a step back and felt tension fill my body. Anger bubbling inside as a replacement to shock and pain. "Calm down...I've heard rumors of your anger and rage. I understand if you want nothing to do with the one person who has essential caused everything to happen this way." She gave a slight laugh and took a step back.

"You're not my mother." 

"If....I'm not your mother than how would I know everything about your beginning. Holding you in a blank as I handed you over to Esther. So you could have a human life. The note tucked into your bundle. Surely Esther didn't give it to you!" She laughed and shook her head. "May the wolves howl for you Niklaus. For decades they'll protect you for you are their flesh and blood as you are mine. May nature be at your hands, for your mother has conquered all that is has to offer. May you always be my baby boy. For your flesh is my flesh and your bone is my bone. I love you Niklaus...But how would I know that letter if I am not your mother." She turned on her heels and blurred out, of course I knew to follow. I needed to be alone with my mother.

"Wait!" I yelled as I entered the woods and she stopped to look at me. "Please..." I didn't know what I wanted from her, yet I knew I needed to speak with her. She sighed and sat down on the bench along the path and looked at me. I sat and glanced at her before looking away. "Why..."

"Why I gave you up? I thought you wouldn't have to live forever...I'm over 7000 years old Niklaus...I didn't want any of this for you and at the time I was being hunted. Your true father died a human death. I don't know what lies they told you." She sighed and took my hand, her jaw tightened before she kissed the back of it. "How you've grown." Her voice was weak before I pulled her into a hug. I'd never felt this way before. A bond with someone so strong that I'd never met. My nails dug into her jacket, I didn't want to let go.

"I can't...process any of this." I whispered before she gently eased out of my hug. Looking at my teary blue eyes as she brushed the tears off my cheek. 

"You will in time...There is a lot I have to tell you...to warn you about...and to show you. You have brothers...brothers of my flesh and bone just as you are and they know you exist. They found you and told me you were alive and well...a hybrid. I thought you'd lived a human life and that is it." She took a breath and shook her head. "I should have looked into it all sooner...much sooner." Brothers. Real family that shared my blood and flesh. I was almost excited in a way. The fact that there was family that I could start anew with was almost exciting. 

"Are they here?" She shook her head no before standing. I stood as well and grabbed her hand so she couldn't leave. "Will you join me to go home...I believe there is some people you need to meet....mother." A smile crossed her crimson lips before she gave a nod. I let go of her hand and she walked beside me. I felt proud for once. I felt safe.