Amunet

Klaus POV

The next night we all ventured out to the graveyard Damon spoke of and somehow knew of without even my knowledge. Haley stayed home with Hope and Erik as protection for Erika's grandchild. Alexander and Josef carried our mother behind Damon whom was leading us only to stop outside of the gate. At first he couldn't pass, the barrier against anything and everything was doing its job. Once he tried again it finally let him through. Then each of us one by one got stopped before being able to pass through.

"Truth be told I never knew this place existed." My eyes examined a few stone heads, all of which looked as if they'd been attended to very often. Erika was placed on top of a large tomb as Bonnie set up her items with Davina, slowly ghosts began to appear, all of dead witches, their voices could be heard clear as whistles. The only thing that kept them from looking human was the fact that their forms were transparent. Davina stood beside Bonnie before joining hands.

"Where is Erika Clark?" The witches all looked around before parting and making a space for her to walk. I was confused till Josef pointed to the Egyptian looking woman. Dark hair and a mask on her head, jeweled clothes and tan skin. Lips painted gold and painted markings on her skin. She looked focused and no longer my mother but the human she once was so long ago.

"Mother said she looked a lot different..."

"That was how she looked human... How she looked in the beginning of all of this." Alexander took a deep breath as she stopped and looked around. Goose bumps raised along his skin as he took a step back.

"Why have you called upon me humans?" Her voice was smooth, almost angelic and no longer British but in fact no accent I'd heard before.

"Erika?" Bonnie spoke softly as my mother tilted her head.

"Ah now it is all coming back. Please forgive me....though as this call me Amunet...you must know my birthday name to even have a chance of bringing me back....Godric? Is he?"

" Yes he is dead...he turned against us...all of us." Josef spoke up approaching her, a smile crossing her features. Her eyes lowered before shaking her head.

"My son... Josef. I'm glad you are okay... Though I can't believe he turned against us after my whole life. He isn't over here from what I can see... He must have been sent somewhere different..." She walked past him towards me before examining me with dark hues. " You will not miss out on any stories Niklaus. I promise you this now and forever. As your mother I have felt your pain... Your heartache. It will end." A weak smile cracked my features before she looked to Alexander with a smile before returning to the witches.

"Amunet there is consequences for going back. With that you know the curse will once again return. We do not have the power to take it away... You once again have to fight it on your own." Her golden lips were bit together before she slowly nodded. Glancing down as her ghostly form, a smile cracked her lips.

"It has been so long since I've felt like this... Felt human in a way..I have no choice but to go back...I must protect my family. I must protect your graves...A lot rides on my shoulders. Even if I must receive my curse back." She slowly wandered to her body and gave a nod. The dead witches chanting and soon Bonnie and Davina joined in on the ancient phrases. Like that my mother's spirit fell back into her body, the flames going out as her eyes opened to reveal her golden hues. I slowly wandered over and helped her up, her hues transitioning between red and gold as her upper boy rested in my arms.

"It...It's okay Niklaus..." Her breath was short as I gently placed a kiss on her forehead, her eyes closing once she knew she was safe and a forced sleep greeted her swiftly.

" It took a lot out of her...." Bonnie stated before picking up her candles and settling them into her bag as I carefully lifted my mother into my arms. "She'll need rest. What was that curse stuff about Josef." He shook his head slightly before shrugging. Josef glanced around as slowly the witches disappeared into thin air making even him shiver.

"I was thinking the same thing. Mother said she had a curse on her that took till after Niklaus was born to master. She never really told us what, but it was one of the reasons she left. Apparently it's another reason she was being hunted. As for what it exactly is I'm not too sure." I nodded before glancing at Damon, walking beside him as we all headed home.

"I don't know what is going on Damon...what you know...but thank you for helping bring her back." Damon's brows scrunched before that usual half a mile showed up.

"You're welcome. You're not the only one that needs her back." He shrugged before falling back to walk beside his brother to end the conversation. Caroline gave a smile to me for a moment before sighing.

"Here I thought New Orleans would be calmer. I guess I was wrong. I don't regret coming though...we'll help her together Klaus...we'll all stand together."

"I know and truth be told I could not go through this...calmly without you... I love you Caroline. You don't have to say anything though." I lowered my eyes before glancing at her, with her mouth ajar.

"I know you do..." She gave a slightly smile before looking ahead. "I haven't forgotten about that day in the woods...or about anything that has to do with you Klaus. I wouldn't have come if I didn't want to be here. To be with you and actually give you a chance."

"Im very greatful of it Caroline." I cracked a slight smile before we proceeded inside the quarter, Erik taking my mother from me and up to her room before he even asked a single question. I couldn't read a man such as him, he was as unique as my mother. I took a seat as everyone went to retired but myself and the Scooby doo gang sat in the living room. I poured a drink from the coffee table closest to me and took a deep breath. " Thank you Bonnie...for helping." Caroline came and sat beside me, nearly on my lap, making Elena roll her hues. Just like Katherine she hated that she was now no longer the center of attention in general, let alone now that Damon had given up and Stefan seemed to be the only one to really pay attention to her.

"I think it is best we all get some much needed sleep...don't you?" Caroline mumbled before glancing around. Stefan sighed slightly and took Elena's hand, pressing a kiss to her cheek.

"Yes...good night everyone...good night Damon." Stefan gave his brother's shoulder a squeeze.

"Good night everyone." Elena giggled once Stefan picked her up and carried her off up the stairs. Bonnie chuckling as she slowly got up and headed to the kitchen, obviously too distracted to sleep. That just left Damon, Myself, and Caroline.

"Damon...what do you know about my mother that you're lacking to tell us?" Never had I seen his barriers break down. Damon was like me, strong and hidden. We never wanted to come off as weak, yet in this moment he lowered his head.

"I knew her...Apparently when I was human. She kept telling me Katherine was bad, that she would ruin my life...turn me into a vampire." He laughed weakly before standing, pacing around. "I didn't listen though...So the night she left she took all my memories of her and when she died they came back. Klaus she...she knew that this shit would happen all a long. And I didn't fucking listen!" Damon raised his fist to the mirror, nearly punching it yet stopping himself. "I..I need to get some air." He wandered outside, Caroline being the comforting friend, she kissed my lips before running after him into the foyer. What a bloody night.