New World

James POV

She fell lifeless as the amulet molded below her skin, her complexion and features fading and changing to what she looked like thousands of years ago. Her blonde hair dark her skin tan and yet deep down this was still her. Kepi rushed over, my fangs lengthening to protect Erika, yet Kepi raised her hands in defense.

"Trust me...if it worked she'll need to speak with me. Bonnie may I have your help for a moment?" She kneeled down as Amunet slowly sat up and rubbed her head before looking around. Her eyes full of fear and heart racing as she looked to us then at her mother. "Amunet can you hear me?" She took her hand and used her pinky to draw on her palm which caused her to shake her head. "This is going to hurt you know as always...but it's going to be okay."

It dawned on me as I sat down that she was deaf and her eyes being so glossy I assumed nearly blind. This was the strongest vampire at her weakest. At her human form so pure and vulnerable. I look to Klaus and his brothers, even they didn't know this secret. Kepi covered Amunet's ears beginning a spell, Bonnie repeating after her. In mere seconds Amunet released a whimper of pain before it was all over and Kepi removed her hands.

" Can you hear now? At least the amulet should allow her to speak this tongue..."

" Yes of course grandmother...tongue? I'm speaking how I always do..." Her eyes squeezed shut as she slowly gathered herself. "Grand mother where are we? Why are memories flooding through my mind?"

"You're dreaming darling...as for the memories that is just your spirit half finding its way through. Here.." She helped her up into the chair beside me before wandering to get a glass of water.

"Hello." She glanced at me with the most curious look on her face.

"Hello Amunet." I smiled as she took the glass of water, stealing a sip before placing it on the table. A smile crossed her features before she looked around then down at her clothes. Her heart calming down at her "grandmother's" reassurance.

"What year is this?"

"2015 AD...7000 years have passed darling." She lowered her head and lifted the amulet slightly.

"Mother and father aren't here right? So I can take this off?" Kepi shook her head before a sigh passed her lips.

"Erik can you show her to her room. I need to talk to the others and James for a moment." He nodded as Amunet stood and slowly followed after. "Now...we need to share a few things...otherwise this is all going to really confusing...Amunet was born completely normal and her father Rahnu hated that she was born... I was happy at first and then I realized I had no choice but to not be...he asked a witch to make that necklace....it was suppose to kill her by the third night...except the third night she was nearly blind and fully deaf." Kepi lowered her head for a moment. "I am sure you all know she would have fought for her life, but when your deaf and so blind you can barely see a light it is no use... I blame myself for I didn't help her...all I hope is that she can trigger herself back. She has to trigger all three sides of herself. So if Amunet starts to change that means Erika's beating those trials, but do keep an eye on her...there is a chance it could go wrong. She knew that going into this, but I know from what life has given her...she will fight." I shook my head and nearly laughed looking at her.

" You did that to her? You didn't even try to help her? Obviously she hates you back then and her grandmother was the one healing her for little moments of peace." Kepi nodded slowly before standing.

"I can't take back those years... I can only try and fix the curse I've harmed her with... I can't fix though the fear she has because of her father for I hold it too. Just keep her close James. She'll be confused and probably have blackout moments as she goes through this process." I looked to everyone else before standing and taking a deep breath. I needed her more than ever as Erika not Amunet, but she was my wife either way. I left every one in the kitchen and slowly walked upstairs, Erik heading out as I entered the room. Her eyes were glued on the city lights and noise outside of the window.

"You wanna sit out on the roof?" She jumped slightly before looking back at me and nodding with a smile.

"First let me get out of these clothes, they're too tight." A laughed passed her lips as she went over to the closet and looked around to finally come out with a sun dress. I didn't say I word as she changed though my mouth went ajar as I observed the many scars on her back.

"Amunet...how did you get all of those?"

"Father. I upset him very often. Last time I got really sick so he felt bad and gave me this necklace." She sighed while slipping the dress on then looking at me. "I know it's killing me... They think I'm dumb...then again this hurts a lot less." Her face twitched slightly before she walked over to me. "I assume you're the one who gave me this ring considering you're the one here trying to comfort me?" She raised her hand and I nodded.

"I'm James... And I don't know how much I should tell you though...other than what you're going through is temporary." I took her hand and helped her onto the roof. " All I can say is that your suffering will end and you will turn into the woman I love...you are still alive in this time...you're ancient." I smirked and she gave a slight laugh.

"Only gods live that long."

"But you are far better. You changed your name to Erika so I sometimes find it hard to call you Amunet. You have sons and they all love you." Her face scrunched slightly then she looked to me.

"What about my daughter?"

"You told me about her...She was completely human and she lived a very long life, but like I said you out live everyone."

"How about you?"

"I'll be here forever too babe." She gave a slight smile and leaned back against me as we sat on the roof. A groan passed her lips as she lowered her head into her hands. " Hey...what's wrong Amunet?"

" My head....my eyes they burn. My body is on fire." Her voice cracked as I picked her up and blurred inside setting her in the tub and turning on the cold water.

"Kepi! Niklaus! Josef! Hey stay with me...focus on me." She held her head tight as she sat under the cold water, blood tears dripping from her face as Kepi and the others rushed into the bathroom.

" Amunet! Let me see your face." She tugged her hands away and Amunet opened her eyes. Bright blood red hues dripped away like paint to reveal golden firey irises. "Erika...the vampire...the wolf.... Where the hell is the witch."

"Make it stop...please. James.." She looked to me, her heart fluttering like a humming bird until it slowed to a near stop as fangs released from her gums and she fell back into the water, unconscious bliss releasing her body from the pain it was experiencing. I turned the water off and easily lifted her out before looking at the others.

What now?