Crimson Tears

Damon POV

Erika took a nap through the early morning and even into the night beginning to fall. I'd held her head in my lap as we sat on the sofa, I was already dress and merely staring at the ceiling taking in the recent events. My mind kept replaying the years that were so old, yet so new to me. Closing my eyes I sent my mind back in time, trying to remember any details that were now of value, yet it all seemed so valuable to me lately.

~~~~

"What is on your mind Erika?" I glanced at her before taking bite of the apple as we laid on a blanket in the grass. She raised her shoulders in a small shrug before sinking her teeth into a peach.

"A easier question would be what would I not be thinking about. My son Josef is wandering the world and I can't protect him. I've already lost one boy Damon I won't lose another." Her blue eyes looked into mine before she moved closer into my embrace sighing softly. "Tell me Damon what do you see in your future? A big house with a wife and kids running around?" She laughed before sitting up, resting on her elbows. I merely shrugged before glancing back at her. "Katerina will bring demons into your life." She sighed slightly and rubbed her temples, she had seemed ill lately, tired and always throwing up. Father said it was merely her getting use to the climate here instead of home.

"I don't know what I want Erika...other than to find my way..."

"But with who? Katrina?"

"I....I think so."

"Then why sleep with me Damon? Why fondle my heart like a toy only to know whom you really want to be with?" She laughed before standing and straightening her dress, obviously upset with me. Then again who could blame me, she was as beautiful as a summer's day.

" Erika...I don't know...who I am suppose to be with..." I sighed and stood, grabbing her hand which she yanked away.

" Not me Damon... I am no toy... Though apparently you are cause she's screwing your brother too." She snapped at me before once again taking my memories away. Always cleaning up after she spewed the truth.

-------------
"How's she doing?" Alexander sighed walking into the room with Josef. both wearing their Sunday best as they sat in the chairs across from the sofa. "I hate to wake her up..."

"I'm already awake." She mumbled slowly sitting up, still she seemed like a zombie, slowly rising to go get ready. Once she was up I grabbed my blazer and adjusted my shoulders. She wandered upstairs in silence leaving everyone only to wait for a mere moment. She wandered down the stairs her black gown looked as if it were bound by magic to her form. "Shall we?" Her eyes ran along the people in the room before looking to Josef.

"Please pick whom you feel should help carry your brother." Josef sighed softly and glanced around, I merely nodded as did Niklaus and Alexander. Eric walked with her towards the street. Vampires where everywhere tonight, filling the streets. Surely word had gotten out that an ancient vampire was in town and that there was a death in the "royal" family. For once even Marcel didn't try to make a remark, merely lowered his head as the funeral percessed by.

" She looks pale..." Josef mumbled keeping his eyes on her up ahead as Eric gently seemed to be assisting her.

" She did just die recently...your father seems a little too willing to help her." I mumbled before Josef laughed softly. "Alex I think we need your father to come save the day next."

" That would be a problem. I don't know who he is...mother says he's dead and so it doesn't matter." He sighed slightly before raising his shoulders in a shrug. "I was born in 1863."

"Such a young lad." Josef laughed slightly. "I do believe I have quiet a head start on you. I was born in 1074. 942 golden years." The brothers kept showing off against each other, yet my mind froze. 1863. I couldn't let it show, not right now. The idea that Alexander was mine had to be a coincidence. After all Erika had left early that year, she easily could have been with someone else. That dark hair though and piercing eyes reminded me of my own. Then again every thing but the hair was Erika's looks. Before I even knew it we were at the witches cemetery once more and the coffin carefully placed into the ground.

"Good bye my son.". She mumbled while sitting on the ground. No prayers were read, no songs sung, only tears of blood dripped from her eyes. She was always quick to catch them with a handkerchief before too much fuss began. I was wordless and nearly emotionless. Then again I couldn't be sure there was always the chance that he wasn't mine.
I let my anger simmer below, watching as family held onto family. Another coffin in the ground. It seemed as if this moment lasted hours. Leaning against the tree as I shoved my hands in my pockets before glancing to Elena as she slowly wandered over.

"Something's bugging you..." She mumbled as she stole looks at me now and again. "You can talk to me Damon." A slight laugh passed my lips before shaking my head.

"Elena... I wouldn't even know where to begin." I looked back at Alexander, my possible son, so gentle with his mother's emotions as she sat blinking away dark tears. "If I knew where to even begin... I would already be babbling." Once more I glanced at Elena before taking a deep breath as I began focusing my thoughts. Damon Salvatore a father? Here I thought hell would freeze over first. Then again how prefect can timing be for this? I need to know the truth.

-----
Comments? Let me know below
:D