Ending the Mind Games

Damon POV

By the time we got home it was mere hours in the morning, I carried her up to her room and covered her up before pressing a kiss to her forehead. Thankfully she was fast asleep after she broke out in screams on the way home. Niklaus and his brothers had the young doctor bound and were beginning to question him as well as torture him for payback for their mother.

I wandered to my room and check on Elena, of course she wasn't there and obviously she was with Stefan, how quickly she changed brothers without a thought. Shaking my head I went back to Erika's room and laid down pulling her into my embrace. Her eyes fluttered open and she looked up at me.

"Damon?" Her heart rate increased as she sat up and looked around, carefully I squeezed her hand.

"Easy...you're safe...Klaus and your sons have that prick tied up."She calmed down and moved closer, placing her head on my chest and examining a button on my black shirt.

"And...Elena I assume is very upset with you." She sat up and laid back against the pillow and head board. "I don't want to come back into your life and ruin it Damon." She sighed yet all I could do is laugh.

"She went to go lay in bed with my brother I don't think she is minding his company too much...you remember anything from earlier?"

"Yeah...he would give me an injection and I'd go back...I'd go back to when you and I were in the cells and new years...He used my feelings against me to make the pain...stronger." she shook her head before closing her eyes to hold back any tears. "I believed I was sitting there talking to you in the cell next to me and during the operation I'd been in those dreams and wake up to being back in the cell with the burning in my chest...it's like they took the tolerable part of being there away to make it a constant nightmare." I placed my hand on her cheek and turned her head, placing a kiss on her lips.

"You're safe." I pulled away and looked in her eyes as she examined mine before she placed her lips against mine. Parting them only to whisper.

"I tell myself not to feel...not to be addicted to you...yet here I am. Craving you again Damon. I hope Augustine isn't playing with my head."

"They're not...I've missed you." She smirked slightly and tangled one of her fingers in a short lock of my hair before tugging roughly then sinking her fangs into my neck like an animal. A howl of pain passed my lips before I forced her away and threw her against the wall before blurring to a stance. Her eyes turned golden, the smirk still playing on her lips.

"You really did fall for that? Funny part about it all is I could kill everyone in this building and not feel a damn thing." The screams of the doctor filled the air and she blurred off to locate him. It was true then that Augustine had truly maintained control of her mind like a drone.

Niklaus POV

I wasn't expecting my own mother to tackle me to the ground and bare her fangs at me, the doctor merely laughed as blood poured out of his mouth from the teeth we'd pulled from him. Josef pulled her from me and bit into her neck before she forced him across the room with a flick of her wrist.

"Doctor's orders! Subject one cease." Just like that Erika stopped and blinked a few times before looking around. She was confused like a young child before looking to Josef.

"My son...take a queen's crown." She nearly whispered it, yet Josef understood and blurred off. Meanwhile I stood and looked towards the young human.

"What do you want from us?"

"To watch your kind be abolished...every vampire, wolf, and witch. Subject one end him." I watched the fight in my mothers head proceed before she lunged at me only to be stopped by a white oak to the heart. She didn't burst in flames like an Original, merely turn gray as she sunk to the floor. Josef huffed before blurring to the doctor and not even giving him a chance to speak before he tore him apart piece by pieces. He growled lowly as he examined the mess before glancing back at me then to mother.

"This has happened before...someone learns how to control the strongest person in the world and then try and use her. We made a code phrase...take a queen's crown." He walked over to her and yanked out the stake before tossing it to the side as Damon walked in grasping the side of his neck. The wound was already spreading, which meant the bite of my mother was dozens of times stronger than my own.

"Mmm that looks bad." I mumbled and wandered over removing his hand, examining the bite. Surely he'd only have half a day if not less. I bit into my wrist and offered it to Damon as Caroline, Bonnie, and Elena walked into the room, looking around in shock.

"Klaus what happened in here?" Caroline spoke quietly as I watched Damon feed before pulling away.

"Seems my mother was falling a bit ill due to Augustine. I'm starting to think Mystic Falls would be better than here..." My voice trailed off as Erika groaned and rubbed her head before glancing at Josef then the rest of us.

"Mmm now my memories are coming back..." She mumbled before standing and wandering into the kitchen before returning with a medium sized knife. I was ready to act, yet Josef chuckled as she sat down and dug it into her wrist, narrowing her eyes with her jaw clenched. "Seems the doctors are getting a bit smarter than I remember." Her fangs lengthened as she growled lowly, her eyes turning golden as she yanked out a small device. "He must have implanted this when I was first knocked out. He walked into the cell and stuck me with a needle, yet I didn't attack him, but in my mind I knew that was what I needed to do."

"Hmmm and here I thought this would be a difficult process." Josef shrugged for a moment before Erika shot him a glare.

"And by that you mean...?"

"I made a phone call and someone answered..."

"You asked /him/ to come?" I'd never seen someone move so fast in my entire life. She grabbed him and held him in the air. "You do realize what you have done right?" She let him down before shaking her head. "I haven't seen him since 1493 and for damn good reasons. He was the one who refused to protect me when I had to give up your brother...you've invited Godric...hell! Why not bring then strongest vampire into Augustine territory? Hmmm?"

"Whose Godric?" I narrowed my eyes at my mother before she shook her head.

"He makes me look weak...As far as I remember he is well over twenty thousand years old. Back when man kind was well...nothing. His maker died right after turning him and well...Godric turned me. He is my maker, back then turning someone meant something. It meant master and protege...not just turn and go your separate ways. I was taught how to function once...well this is a story for another time. All I can say is do not piss him off." She gave a smirk that quickly disappeared as she turned her head and focused on her hearing. The sound of foot steps filled the room adjacent to us, making my mother turn around.

"Hello Miss Clark..." He was young looking, pale, yet a tattoo ran along his lower neck. If my heart was beating it would have stopped, yet my instincts told me to step in front of Caroline. His accent was viking, I could remember such from my child hood.

"Godric." No longer was my mother's accent British, but it matched his for only that one word before reverting back to its own way. She approached him before bowing her head for a moment, he pressed a kiss to her forehead before she raised it and gave a smirk. "Your presences wasn't needed, my son merely panicked due to my health."

"Of course...but I hear Augustine is in town. My curiosity is peaked." Goodric walked past my mother and towards me, I lifted my head, standing tall in front of Caroline as he examined me. "Niklaus...I haven't seen you since you were born...you look just like your father. Seems you are as brave as he was over your loved one." He peaked around me to look at Caroline, flashing a gentle smile. "Don't worry, I haven't killed a soul in over five thousand years." He moved away and looked to Erika, she was turning around and shaking her head with an obvious smile. I watched as my mother gave a slight laugh before leaving the room, hollering viking along with the ancient being. What was going on...