NightLife

Erika POV

It was all like a dream. It even seemed like from the moment I ended up in New Orleans was all in my head, yet it really was a nightmare I couldn't escape. My body ached for blood and in pain as I sat up and slowly opened my eyes. Feeling a lump in my throat rise as blood trickled its way out of my mouth before I spit up another wave onto the floor. Coming back to life wasn't as fun as it might sound. Easing myself back down I closed my eyes and listened to the voices throughout the house. It was barely break of day yet down stairs I could hear Josef, Alexander, and Elijah mumbling.

"I can't believe he's really dead..." Alexander cleanered his throat for a moment. " Thank you for finding the body and delivering it Elijah. Mother will be at peace knowing he's at least in one piece...I guess they must have killed him with just one shot..."  I sat up slowly once again, blood tears began to leave my eyes. Part of the curse I would have to fight all over again. With the help of the nightstand, I pulled myself off the bed and regained my balance before slowly walking to the hall and grabbing onto the railing. For moments I stood there, blood tears flowing down my cheeks and my short blonde hair in loose puffy curls.

"Thomas.." Before I could even take back the words Josef rushed upstairs and assisted holding me up.

"Mom you need to rest... Your eyes mother... What's going on."

"I'm fine Josef it's a mere side effect... Help me down the bloody stairs so I can see your brother." He knew better than to fight me on this and sighed, wrapping his arm around my torso as we walked slowly down the stairs. Careful he eased me down on the sofa, my son Thomas's coffin at my feet. The sensation to vomit was rumbling inside my stomach, the curse was working it's full force. I never told my sons of this due to how much it involved them. Whatever they felt I could feel. Passion, pain, heartache. It was a curse I could hide so well when nothing was wrong, yet today all I could feel was sorrow, my own and all three of my son's. So much pain it made me nauseous to even focus on pushing it down.

"My Thomas..." I whispered gently stroking his dark locks back out of his face. "You could still be with us right now...I wish we could bring you back...but I know that you made me promise you never to do that to you. You wanted a human life and you got it." My wipped my face with the back of my hand, smearing blood across my features. "You always said you knew you would die young. Very good at predicting like your mother..." A weak laughed passed my lips, truth be told I had lost a lot in my life time, yet never a son. Never like this. I didn't know how to handle it, for once I was experiencing a sensation I hadn't felt in thousands of years. "We'll find a beautiful place for you to rest my boy...somewhere the sun shines bright. Somewhere no one will ever hurt you against even in death." My voice cracked as I felt two hands rub along my back, making me raise my head. Niklaus grabbed my chin and carefully cleaned off my face. Meanwhile Damon carefully rubbed my shoulder. "He's gone.I'm sorry Niklaus..."

"Mother don't be sorry. He's safer now...probably very happy...maybe chasing tail eh?" I gave a weak laugh before taking his hand and giving it a squeeze. "Now what is all this blood about? Are you in pain? Josef said it was a side effect..?" I merely nodded before returning my face to look at Thomas.

"Just transitioning is all... I'm completely fine." I couldn't look him in the eyes and lie, he'd had enough lies fed to him yet I had to keep it from him.

"Hey... It's all going to be alright." Damon mumbled softly before pressing a kiss to my temple. Here he was, always so good to me, yet after the past I had put him through I could bare to talk much about it. Now that he surely knew it would be a long story to explain. I merely took his hand and gave it a squeeze before closing my eyes.

"Please Josef... Alexander... Can you move your brother to the green house. We'll burry him this afternoon." I eased myself to the floor and looked at his features one more time. Burning them into my memory like hot iron to flesh. Gently I placed my lips to his forehead before stroking his hair back once again. " May you never miss a sunset...nor a moment with those you have lost. For in death you will be reunited with them...With your father's family...your mother's friends... Be at peace Thomas. For you are home. Forever." I carefully closed the coffin before placing my lips to the cold wood only to lean back against the sofa as two of my sons carried the coffin away. Elijah cleared his throat before walking off to the kitchen to go prepare some tea. Damon carefully helped me onto the sofa and for once I let my guard down and sunk into his embrace. He was like an ice pack to my hybrid warmth, cooling down my temperature and easing my mind. "I need to talk to Erik...Godric...being dead changes the game...knowing that he was on their side all this time." I closed my eyes trying to organize my thoughts into meaningful sentence.

"Easy warrior princess...you need to take a break. You've been dead for a day and already you're trying to save the world."

" Damon is right...you're still healing from your wounds. You need to get your strength back." I sighed softly and closed my eyes, trying to ease the bubbling pain throughout my body. My mind could only focus on one thing. Putting one of my sons in the ground.

------------
Let me know what you think, comment and or vote!