Chapter Sixty-three (II)

A/n::::this is Zemela's POV from the last chapter:-)

Zemela's POV

The past hours were filled with me, Pamela and Ruby arguing about the whole Bryson being back thing.

I had a safe and surprisingly easy delivery, the midwives were all surprised.

They all stepped out for the doctor to check Grace and I.

"Both of you are healthy" he smiled at me.
"Thank you doctor"

"And you have one beautiful baby, I must say" he told me before leaving, I was to be discharged soon and start post-natal immediately.

A light knock on the door, followed by His voice made my heart race. I did want to see him but, I feared his words would melt my heart and I'd forgive him.

I was tired of the whole thing, the whole emotional rollercoaster. I was done and tired of getting hurt by people, I had a daughter so it was time for me to start thinking like an adult.

When I saw Grace for the first time, I felt so much pain not because I wasn't happy to see her, God knows she has been all I've wishes for since I got pregnant, but because she looks so much like Him and it hurts so much. It Hurst so much that your daughter the one you carried for nine months, the one reason people bullied me, the reason I had to run away from home decides to look like the man that hurt me, like the man that wanted her dead. Isn't life just unfair?

I heard his voice before I saw him, "you can come in" I said.

I had Grace in my arms, I needed to hold her so I wouldn't loose my cool or embarrass myself.

As he walked up to the bed side, I prayed to God for the strength to compose myself.

My mouth and voice betrayed me, "she looks just like you, plus your eyes" I said, I avoided looking at him but, I knew he looked miserable.

My mouth continued, "I never intended on letting you see her but, when I saw her, she's a spitting image of you" I swear my mouth has a completely different mind of it's own.

He opened his mouth to speak but decided against it, I prayed he would actually speak before my mouth decides to act on its own again.

"Can I hold her?" He asked
"Why not?" I smiled.

He studied her in his arms, "she's tiny" he said, he sounded surprised.
I chuckle at his stupidity, "she's a baby"

My plan was initially to ignore him till I was ready to give him a piece of my mind but, I decided last minute to make him think I'm actually cool with him just so I could see the level of his stupidity.

"I... I'm really sorry zemela" he said.

Here we go.

"Sorry for what?" I played all cool.

"I'm really sorry. I'm here because I realized my mistakes and I want to make amends"

Liar, you're cause Pamela called you.

"Can you resurrect the dead?" I looked him staright in the eyes.
"N..no but, I...I can pray for their souls to find peace"

"Then you should go as far away from me and my daughter and pray for us to be happy" I said.

"I can't do that Zemela because you're not dead, I know I hurt you and I'm sorry for being reckless, I'm so sorry for being a coward...I...I want to be in my daughter's life, I want her to have the love of both her parents, something we didn't really have"

He really tried playing the "we both didn't have our parents love" card on me. HA!

He even has the guts to call her His daughter! He wanted her dead in the first place!

I sigh, "I can't keep paying for your recklessness and cowardly acts. You decided to leave without telling anyone, you knew there were possibilities of us having a child and you wanted the child dead. So, why care about her now? Why care when you wanted her dead? Just imagine she's dead and live your free life, your dream life. Go!"

"I know I hurt you bad and I wouldn't blame you for any decision you make, I just want you to consider her, our daughter. I want to be part of her life and... yours too"

He says, I know, like it's actually okay.
I wanted to scream, "you have no right to call her 'our' daughter" but I didn't cause then I'd cry.

So I said, "you and I are done Bryson, there's nothing left for us. I don't hate you, I have totally forgiven you but, I wouldn't make the mistake of letting you hurt me again. I get we're still childish but there's a limit to childishness. You get the chance to run away because you're not the one with the baby, did you think of how I felt when I found out? I'm also young. Don't I have the right to run away? Don't I have the right to be scared? If you really loved me you would have thought of how my father would react when he found out I was pregnant but, no you didn't. You selfishly thought of your own self not me"

He remained silent.
"I'm sorry" he whispered.

Grace started crying so he handed her to me.
"What's her name?" He asked.

"Arike Grace Olufola" I said.
He tried hard to hide his reaction but I saw it.
"I'm her father"

Since twenty four hours ago.

"I know" I replied simply.

Ruby, Pamela and Nolan walked in.
None of us said anything, till Grace cried breaking the silence.

Pamela cooed, "she wants her aunty"
I'm still real mad at Pamela for her stupidity.

"I want to"-"I have made up"
Bryson and I say at the same time.

"You go first" he allowed me.
A normal me would have argued but I didn't.

"I have made up mind"

Grace was still crying so Nolan passed her to Bryson so he could pass her to me but, she stopped crying immediately Bryson held her, she relaxed in his arms.

"Kids of nowadays are so smart, she knows her daddy already" Pamela said.
"Stop it Pamela" I warned her.

I cleared my throat, "I have decided to let him" I pause to look at the culprit, "stay in her life, she needs to know her father. I wouldn't stop her from her rights just because of my own self but, that's it. I wish to have no other thing other than co parent relationship"

"Thank you" he sighed, "I'm really glad you'll let me stay in her life, thank you for not taking her away from me"

I watched as he played with her.

"I really hope I'm not making the wrong choice, because deep down I know I still love you but, I don't want to forgive you anymore Bryson. I'm so tired, you really ripped me apart this time" I thought to myself

Ruby came to my side, she sat down on the bed.
With a smile she squeezed my hand and said, "it'll be fine Zemela, stop worrying"

I nodded and smiled.

I want to thank you all for coming this far with me🤭 and for your support

I want to thank you all for coming this far with me🤭 and for your support. This brings us to the end of Zemela's  journey.

Thank you once again, I love y'all❤️