Chapter Twenty

Double update today, because today is kaysooto 's birthday 🥳.

Bryson's POV ;-)

After the smile on Skyler's lips as she walked away with Zemela, I knew for sure something wasn't right.
I don't know why that dumbass Zemela would trust a fucking bitch like her.

"What's up man?" Nolan asked patting me on the shoulder before sitting opposite me.
"Something is not right" I thought out loud, I've been thinking of what the problem could be, even with an iced tea in front of me I can't still figure it out.
"Okay?" He asked slowly, studying me.

He shook his head, the waiter brought his frappacino for him.
"Did you notice anything odd about the new girl Fauna has been hanging out with?" I asked him.
"The Zambian girl?" He asked me, I nodded playing with the straw of my tea.

He shrugged, "Reggie was always whispering something to her. Do you think they're together? They get along well, I  saw them leaving school together Friday evening before the game, she was at downtown too but, they weren't together there"

Something is going on between the two of them and it's definitely not a romantic relationship.
I dialed Reggie's number, I was lucky he picked up.
"Heyy man" his voice came from the other side, right from childhood he had a cheerful daring voice, which would fool you to thinking he isn't serious whilst sending chills down your spine.

"What are you up to?" I asked him.
"Nothing" I could tell he was pouting, faking innocence.
He laughed after seconds of silence he knew I didn't believe him, "your week is over man relax, remember I told you by Monday my new girl and I would get at it and you know I always keep to my word" son of bitch! I knew he was talking about Zemela.

"What are you up to Abdon?" I asked remaining calm.
"C'mon man" he laughed, "we're best friends so_"
"I'll fuck you up if don't go straight to the point"

"Why are so hasty? Where's the calm and patient boy I know?" I can't be calm and patient when it feels like my skin is being pulled out.
He reminded silent for a while, "I'm about to fuck your girl, no, your ex girl. Was she even ever yours? No. You just claimed her, you of all people should know one sided love doesn't work. Do you even love her? No, you're just too greedy to let her go and too proud  to admit you lost a challenge" he mocked.

I hate that he was right.
"Zemela would never agree to have sex with you" I said confidently
"She doesn't have to" he said simply...fuck him!
"Don't you fucking try it!" I warned.

He laughed, "oh I wouldn't do that, her best__ oops too much information" he said.
I heard a girls voice in the background.
"I have to go, lunch has been served by my baby girl, talk to you later Griffin, stay safe" the line went dead...

Fuck!

The thought of Reggie touching her made me run to my car, I would never let that happen.

Nolan stayed at Sami's to track Skyler's phone while I talk to her.

I kept the call running till Nolan was done, I was driving in circles while he was at it, thankfully she was eighteen minutes away.

~~
I made sure to beat the hell out of Reggie, he was unconscious by the time I was done, I met him on his way out of the walk in closet, I punched him hard, the rings on my fingers bursted his lips open, he was a bloody mess when I finished, my knuckles were bleeding too but it wasn't anything close to Reggie's face, it'll take him time to get rid of those scares.

I tried to tell myself the feeling I felt when I saw Zemela half naked and terrified was just because no girl should have to experience rape and not because I felt guilty. I don't even want to remember the thoughts I had when I saw her, the what if's that ran through my head.

I didn't know if I was angry with Reggie, Skyler, myself or Zemela.

Fuck!
After bursting Reggie's face for her she fucking accused me of setting her up.
Crap!

All because of her desperate best friend, she questioned my good intentions.

What made me more angry was how bad I felt for the things I said to her.

Shit!
I'm doomed and fucked up!

I felt like a mad person. I'm angry at myself because I lost my cool when she accused me. How is that normal?
I also didn't want to call Nolan because he would just end up telling me I'm in love which was far from what I was feeling, I was feeling sick.

Does she even have any brains?
How can she be so dumb and stupid?

What annoyed me most was the smile that appeared on my lips and the thoughts that ram through my mind when I saw her bra sticking out of her bag.

Fuck! I'm insane!

Reggie was right, I'm just too selfish and proud to admit defeat and let her go.

I refused to let her ruin my standards and pride.

No matter the sick feeling inside of me, I won't bring myself down to talk to her again and I'm surely not returning her stuffs especially the bra, I deserve a souvenir.

                                        +
What's up guys 😊?

Don't forget to vote 🐽

Comment 🐽
&
Share 🐽