Chapter Fifty-one

Zemela's POV:-)

On our way to the event center-Bamford has an event hall in which they hold some functions, like this winter ball, Alfie spoke up after almost an hour of silence, "I'll be picking my date up so you'll have to move to the back" he informed me.

"Ohh" I nodded.
When he stopped I stepped out of the passengers seat and moved to the back seat.

A girl I didn't recognize from our school came out of the beautiful house, she was wearing a white short gown with black lace all around the chest, her hair was trimmed to her shoulders giving her an elegant look, she looked like a model, I felt ugly seeing her.

Getting into the passengers seat she leaned in to kiss Alfie, "you look stunning" he muttered against her lips, I had to roll my eyes and look away.

Finally she noticed me, "oh hi there" she said nicely.
I forced a smile, "hi"

"That's Bryson's girl" he told her.
"Bryson? As in Bryson Griffin?" She asked eyes wide.
"Yes" I nodded feeling proud.

"My! my! Anyways, I'm Tyler" she stretched her hand out to shake me.
"Zemela" I said and that was it, we said nothing more to each other.

The parking lot was already swamped with cars, girls in beautiful...and ugly dresses walked in and out of the building.

"Where's he?" I asked Alfie at the parking lot.
"How would I know? He doesn't have a leash around his neck now, does he?" He asked me with a mischievous grin.

He laughed a little, "just joking, you're easy to toy with" he said.

"He'll probably be with Nolan as always, somewhere quiet" he added before pulling his date along.

I sent a text to Ruby, asking her where she is. Her reply comes in fast like she has been waiting to hear from me.

Still in the parking lot waiting for you.

What would I do without friends? Nothing.
I happily walked to look for her, she waved her hands profusely when she saw me.

"Hey!" She yelled.
Raising my gown I ran towards her, "hey, you two" I hugged her.

As we walked inside I told Sadiki and Ruby, "don't tell Holden or any of them but, you two are the best!"
"We know" Sadiki boasted.

The decoration committee did a good job with the decorations, the color theme was different shades of blue-if you ask me.
Most girls wore blue too.

"I would go look for him, I'll see you guys later" I waved at my friends.
On my way I sent a text to Bryson, I wasn't familiar with the hall so I was careful.

I searched the whole building or at least any door I saw on my way out from the back.

"Bryson!" I yelled, I dialed his number but I was switched off. Normally I'm a pessimistic person so I started worrying thinking of all sort of horrible things in my head.

"What if he has an accident?" A voice in my head asked
"He probably got too drunk and had an accident" another said.

"What if he got into an accident while trying to get me a blue corsage?" I panicked.

I dialed Ruby immediately, "hey girl"

"I think Bryson git into an accident!" I said in one breathe.
"Okay, calm down! Where are you?" She yelled into the phone.
"Outside. At the back with the dumpster and the bats" I said.

"We're coming, just wait there" she yelled before ending the call.

I closed my eyes praying, "Bryson please be safe and sound. Please be okay. Please be sleeping in your house because you arrogantly forgot you were meant to be here" I begged.