Chapter Twenty-four

Bryson's POV ;-)

I was surprised by how eager I was to see Zemela in school the next day.

"Zemela Olufola" Mr Finely called, no response, she had zoned out.
"Zemela"

I had to look away a bit to avoid feeling bad for her.

David tapped her back to reality, my blood boiled when she winced at the contact.

Fucking Reggie.

She was still caught up in the trauma.

Duh! It happened just yesterday idiot! My brain shut.

I didn't even want to imagine how she was feeling, my heart tightened when I remembered how harshly I spoke to her, she wasn't in her right senses I shouldn't have reacted that way.

She stood up when she realized Mr Finely was looking at her.
"S... sorry I didn't get...tye question" she stuttered, the whole class laughed with the exception of Arlo, Sadiki, Nolan and I.

She got the message when he called her name again, "present" she answered quietly.

Fauna laughed beside me, "she's so dumb and stupid" I chose to ignore her.

I noticed how Zemela rushed out of class when the bell for lunch went off.

"What's wrong?" Fauna asked me.
"Nothing that concerns you" I walked ahead  her.

"I really thought you were cool" a masculine voice came from the corner, the voice sounded betrayed and hurt. It was Zemela's best friend, two of them actually, the bitch and the simp. I wondered what they were talking about that made him sound so hurt and betrayed, I wondered if she was telling him how she betrayed Zemela.

Okay we're thinking of her too much, my brain realized.

I pushed her thoughts away only to be met with Fauna's annoying attitude, as we exited the school out to the outdoor cafeteria.

"Can you let me be?" I asked her allowing my annoyance show.
"Yeah" she shrugged, "if you tell me what the fuck is wrong with you?" Her voice rose. "Reggie's mom told our parents what happened" she paused, "you're in trouble" she added as if I didn't already know.

"Really?" I asked her.

She was right though, I was in trouble–for trying to save a girl–I had to switch my phone off because my mom was calling and texting nonstop.
I'm pretty sure they don't know the full story, they only know " you're son Bryson tried beating my only son to death!", I never really liked Mrs Abdon, she was always so extra in all she did and hell! She talks nonstop, she's partial too.

"You almost killed Reggie! You're friend" she half yelled, "I can't believe you think you're not in the wrong, he's in IUC because of you!"

"I'll see you later" I said standing up, I couldn't stand her any longer.

I met Nolan on my way into the school building.
"Where are you off to?" He asked, he looked over my shoulder, "she's at it again?" He asked.

"I tried calling you" he told me when I didn't answer..
He followed me into the building, "why?" I asked.

"I saw her running into the library, she bumped into me, her voice was...not okay" he didn't have to mention the name of the girl, I knew who he was talking about.

My heart stung at the thought of her being sad or in pain.

Don't fucking think of it, my brain warned my heart.

The rest of the day went by painfully slow, I was trying so hard not to think about her, the hardest part was trying to keep myself from going to look for her when she wasn't in class.