Chapter Fifty-six

The way you felt in my arms
Our chemistry was sacred
Oh, I fell for your charm
I was so infatuated
But you left me in the dark
And my heart completely vacant
Now I don't know, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh

The way you felt by,
Alec Benjamin.

.

Zemela's POV:-)

Run away.

Those words replayed in my head as Nolan drove us, Pamela, Ruby and I, to Ruby's.

The others had gone back to school. Ruby offered to house me in her condo which her brother pays for, Pamela was coming with so she'll know the place and come visit.

My heart ached badly, my father knew I was pregnant, everything was over. My life was over, the thoughts of being before him made me feel ashamed and dirty.

Nolan helped with my suitcase when we got to Ruby's condo, her brother pays for it, she moved out of a bigger condo when her family relocated to Kentucky.
"Nice place" Nolan commented.

"Daddy would not find you here" Pamela said to me.
"What if he goes to the media? Or the police? And reports a missing person?"

Pamela smacked her lips, "my dad avoids anything that has to do with the police or any law because he knows he's abusive to us" she said.
"Pamela!" I whispered warning her.

She looked at me with disbelief, "what? Isn't that what he is? If not so, why would you have to hide from him?" She asked me.
"You should report him" Nolan said.

"We have no proof of his abuse" I said.
"Errrr...eye witnessness, your friends, bruises on your skin, his excessive drinking" Pamela said in a "duh" tone.

"I need to pee" Ruby showed me to the bathroom.
Before I went in she said, "I understand why you don't want to report your father. But, your silence is doing more harm to them than good"

And she was right, I didn't want to report my father because if my siblings. They would end up in foster homes because they're not up to eighteen, and that's what I don't want. But, leaving them with my dad wasn't the best either.

Pamela left with Nolan, promising to return the next day.
"Nolan gave me the contact of a doctor that can help you, a gynecologist for check ups and antinatals" she said.
I grumbled, "I don't need Nolan's help"

"I know you're having second thoughts about him because of the way he tried to defend Bryson. And" she paused, "he wasn't entirely wrong, you know?"
I scoffed, "I can't believe you. You're always defending him, always. If you still love him why not be with him and stop defending him! He doesn't even care about you"

"But he cares about you"
I looked at her with disbelief, "are you joking with me right now? He cares about me, Emma excuse me you heard him say he wants nothing to do with me and the child I am carrying. Where on earth is that defined as care?" My hormones were really getting to me.
"I know because, I've had history with him okay? Anyone who has had history with him would tell you the exact same thing. That's why Fauna is so sacred and insecure about you because, she has seen how much you mean to him"

"Sadiki, Arlo and Holden definitely don't think so"
"They do, they're only concern was that he was going to hurt you"
"Wow!" I laughed lightly.