Chapter Twenty-five

Bryson's POV ;-)

"What were you thinking?" Nolan's question kept replaying in my head.
"What was I thinking?" Was the question I kept asking myself.

Even as I was sitting in Mr Bainton's  class twenty something hours later, I couldn't stop thinking of a reasons for my actions.

I wasn't one to overthink things, so thinking of a reason over and over again pissed me off badly.

The annoying thing was that I kept looking over to where she sat, she wasn't sitting with her regular partner.

"Today you would be sitting with your assigned partners" Mr Bainton told us, just when I thought today wouldn't get worst.
Fauna grumbled beside me, I didn't even notice I was sitting beside her.

I sat quietly beside my partner, I promised myself not to talk to her until she apologized.

Zemela sneaked glances at me while I acted unbothered.

Mr Bainton as usual gave us stuffs to solve, I rolled my pen in between my fingers, my eyes bore into Nolan's skull who was in front of me.

Zemela dragged my note book to herself, she solved my equations for me, I might not be talking to her but that doesn't mean I don't want good grades.

I felt her move closer, "I...look I'm sorry for the things I..I said the other day. I didn't mean any of it, I...I was just overthinking and shocked. You and Reggie are...were friends that's why I came up with stupid conclusions, I had questions and my wary mind was providing answers plus I knew you don't really like me" she paused, for a moment when she was talking I thought she was going to pass out.

"Skyler has been my only true and close friend–plus Sadiki– so I didn't like the idea you were having about here" she exhaled, she sounded like she was about to give up on life. She sounded guilty.

"I'm sorry. I really am and...thank you for helping me, I know Fauna hates me for reasons best known to her. I feel like a fool right now, please say something " she begged, her tone made my teenage heart feel something. A feeling I've been having towards her.

"I wasn't helping you, that was the truth of the matter" My God! I lied, when did I start lying? But my brain wouldn't stop teasing me if I had  admitted to helping her and  my teenage heart feels heavy after lying.
"I know you can be stupid and foolish, so I'm not mad at you, I'm mad at myself" that's true, I'm mad at myself for not being mad at her.

You said you'll talk to her after she apologizes, she just did and you said harsh things to her!

I shut my ranting conscience out.

My words silenced her, she stopped sneaking glances at me, she moved away, part of me felt bad and sad while the carefree part cheered me on.

Zemela's POV:-)

I'd be lying if I said Bryson Griffin's words didn't hurt me.

I poured my heart out to apologize and he just had to be Bryson Griffin and be harsh and mean and unbothered and selfish and calm.

I was the one praying to be Bryson Griffin free just a few weeks ago. And when I'm finally Bryson Griffin free I feel unhappy.

"Girlfriend!" Skyler hugged me.
"Hey Zemela"
"Hi Zemela"
"What's up Zemela?"

I've been hanging out with Skyler, Ava, Samantha and Dontella. I haven't seen Sadiki, Skyler said he was sick, I avoided Arlo, Vaughn and Holden were extinct.

"I have practice today" I pout
"Awwn! Why does it have to be days you don't work?" My best friend asked me.
I shrugged with a chuckle, "I don't know"