Chapter Thirty-Five~ The Breakup Confrontation

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 💎 *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

When Kareena had gotten home, she spent the rest of her night in Aidan's room- she had kept quiet about the party and ended up studying for the midterms they had in a few hours. The sun came up way earlier than Kareena had expected, possibly because she went to bed just two hours before sunrise.

Still sound asleep, Kareena was shaken awake by Aidan. "Are you sure you want to take your midterms today?" Was the first thing she heard since opening her eyes halfway.

Stretching her body as she was still laid out on the bed, Kareena answered with a yawn. "Yeah, of course, why did you even ask?"

"Because in about fifteen minutes, they're not going to let you in." Aidan answered. Kareena looked at her phone to see that he was right, in fifteen minutes she was going to be late and no longer allowed in.

Shooting up, she ran to her room to go and change. "Don't stress yourself out!" Aidan yelled out as she began to comb her hair and brush her teeth at the same time.

"I'm fine." Kareena said, emerging from her room in a sweatshirt with an animated print and dark leggings. "Let's go."

Aidan followed her lead. The two finally separated when they went to their designated exam rooms. With bids of 'good luck' and 'don't fail's, the exams started.

It was well into the afternoon when everyone's exams had finished. Kareena went straight home to rest, as per Darla's request.

Aidan was with Zion, the two were glad exams were over and intended to celebrate with food. Kareena claimed exhaustion, she had yet to tell anyone about the night before.

Kareena was alone with nothing but her thoughts. It didn't take her long to get bored, Kareena was the type of girl who liked to keep busy, doing things at the most inconvenient times. Laying on the mattress that seemed more uncomfortable than usual, Kareena decided that she wouldn't be able to rest with such a big mess around her.

Changing the sheets, fixing the closet, cleaning the kitchen and all the floors. Anything that could have been organized or scrubbed down in the apartment, she did.

After finishing cleaning, she was tired but ultimately decided that if the apartment was clean, she would have to be too.

Finishing a very long and cleansing shower, she changed into more comfortable clothing; a pair of pink and white silk shorts with a matching tank top. Throwing herself onto the mattress, Kareena scrolled through her phone. A few minutes later, she ended up calling Tommy.

Her call was answered without hesitation. "Hey, little lady." Tommy greeted, his smiling face shoved close into the camera. The more Kareena looked at how happy his face was, the sadder hers turned. "Kari? What is it? What's wrong?" He asked in a panic, his light blue eyes flickering all over her face.

"Huh?" Blinking herself out of her daze when she heard his worried voice, Kareena looked at him curiously. "Say, Tommy? Do you still love me?"

Tommy was taken aback by the question. It took him a minute to ponder what she meant. When he finally came up with an answer it came out jumbled and panicked. "Of course not- I mean not in the love way I used to do... more of like a best friend way. It's just- ugh, why are you asking me this question?" Tommy grumbled, running a hand through his dark locks, brushing them out of his face. Kareena could see the pink tint that lit up his cheeks.

"Well then, do you resent me?" She asked timidly.

Tommy became less of an awkward mess and tilted his head. "That's a ridiculous question. Why would I resent you?"