Chapter Three~ #MoreLikeQueenBitch

・゚: *・゚:* 💎 *:・゚*:・゚

It was dark out by the time she got off work and walked into the restaurant, her eyes adjusted to the dim lighting. She found herself surrounded by the smells of alcohol and comfort food, all tied together by the sounds of pool cues hitting balls and lively chatter.

A few steps in, she was tired- school and work was enough to drain her. Suddenly, her eyes caught three smiling faces that waved her over to a booth.

"Zion, Aidan, Nat!" She greeted the group cheerfully with a smile, hugging all of them before settling into the open seat next to Zion, facing Nastasia and Aidan.

As her body finally slowed down, she realized just how tired she was. Shuffling closer to Zion, she leaned her head on his shoulder. Careful not to fall asleep.

"Tough shift?" Zion wondered as he felt the sudden weight drop on his broad shoulder, trying to use a soft low voice rather than his normal loud one.

After hearing the question, all she could bring herself to do was groan loudly. Turning her head-the middle of her forehead was on the sharp edge of her friend's broad shoulder-she announced, "More like a tough day." She groaned once more.

"I heard you made someone else's day a lot tougher," Aidan said lowly, grabbing the glass in front of him to drink the ice water.

Kareena's head shot up when she heard his words. "Huh, what do you mean? Did I hurt someone?" She asked innocently, confusing her friends with her oblivious and tired jumble of words.

"What do you mean? Everybody knows you rejected that guy after school, it's all over 'Valley Girls'." Aidan said, referring to their school's Picto gossip account. When he noticed Kareena's confused gaze, he pulled out his phone to show her the latest post.

Taking a first glance at the phone held out to her, it took her brain a minute to register what was in front of her. "Wait a minute, that's me!" Her eyes widened as she snatched the phone out of his hand to get a closer look at the photo, mumbling an apology for taking it aggressively.

Looking at the photo- it was her stomping off, while Oliver stared down, sadly, at the crushed roses at his feet.

Scrolling down, she read aloud the comment that was written in a small cursive font.

That's right ladies and Gentlemen! Queen B and captain of the track team, Queens Valley Secondary School's very own warm-blooded Kareena Acharya, has a very cold heart. After being spotted: harshly rejecting the sweet shy, Oliver McTavern, in the middle of the schoolyard. Throwing the roses he bought for her back in his face.

#IceQueen, #FallenRoses, #MoreLikeQueenBitch

The more she read, the more her look of shock turned into one of sadness. After everything that had happened today, she felt defeated.

"Cold-hearted?"

"Queen B?"

"#MoreLikeQueenBitch?"

Aidan, Nastasia and Zion all questioned different parts of the post. Kareena brushed them off, more focused to find who had sent in such a horrendous picture, taken out of context. Scrolling down to see the name, she found something much more in her range of luck.

Anonymous. Typical.

"I thought the only person who had it out for me was Serafina..." Kareena mumbled into her glass of water before taking a sip.