She, the Miracle

Super long chapter, unedited cause I'm lazy, written in one go.

It'll be worth it, sweethearts .

hopefully. no promises 

******************************************************************

When the world dims down, when the night falls, when the storm hits, that's when miracles are sent to save.

But one thing people don't know is that miracles happen all the time. Like a fire burning away while the sun rises and sets, the glow of the flame only outstands when darkness shrouds it. Like the moon, always there during the day, hidden, but will be forever sparkling as the crown jewel of the sky at night.

Many think miracles don't exist. Those people don't see the flame during the day, nor see the moon past the shine of the sun.

Everyday that flame burns. Everyday that moon shines. Yet only it will be noticed when it bursts forth in the darkness. 

Sometimes, miracles are hidden quite well. Sometimes, one small action can set the wheels in motion, and nobody can even fathom that the wheels were moving in the first place.

But when the wheels move too fast, that's when the miracle is brought into view. Unmasked. 

The wheels were spinning fast. Now the miracle was to come, right?

Whether or not the miracle came, that was all on Lionel.

He needed to transport the battalion to Gotham's street. He needed to portal their way home, as Fate once showed him.

Fate predicted her death and Lionel's death. Predicted the army of demons. Predicted the rubble, the green light, predicted the bouquet clasped by Jules' dead hands, predicted the tears that tore their way down her family's face. And all of that, just to get Jules the training to be a valkyrie. A guardian spirit of Gotham. Fate had known that she was meant to be one ever since her birth, and now Lionel believed Fate too.

Even if he didn't trust Fate, he believed that Julianne Cress was born for this. He believed Fate chose the right girl.

She looked so in place, so ethereal and commanding  and so pretty in her shimmering, gilded armor, yet her face and soul still held the child she once was. Still her soul retained her... Cress-ness. Everything cheery and bubbly about her was now in a balanced mix with the rest of her. 

Everything that made that boy Timothy's heart flutter was burning brighter than ever in her, and even Lionel saw what Timothy fell in love with, and had a hard time keeping himself gay.

It was as if three years dead did nothing to her, but Lionel knew that deep down, it did. But it was nothing bad. Julianne Cress had become more sure of herself, more confident, stronger and got more linkages to the good. Her aura was now not so puppy-dog and bouncy and unsure of herself, but rather structured, calm and graceful- one of a warrior and of a leader and of a friend all rolled together.

 A new Jules facade to add to her list, one that came during times when her leadership was needed.

Lionel stared at Jules, who sat atop an ebony horse with a sleek coat and the mark of a valkyrie painted upon its muzzle, and grabbed her hand. 

She pulled him up and he steadied himself on the great stallion, tying himself to it. He needed to have the use of his hands, so he slipped his foot into the second pair of stirrups, making sure he wouldn't fall off.

She turned to him, hair up in an intricate braid, a few strands escaping from it and framing her face the signature Cress style, and softly smiled.