Heads and Hearts

Jules yawned, waving at Jason as he hurriedly pulled back out of the Manor driveway and zoomed off to his apartment.

She had lost track of time at Jay's place and stayed three hours longer than expected, playing Smash Bros, eating pie, toying around with his helmets and suits, watching a movie, talking. Jason told her all about the Joker, even though she already knew, and Jules somehow managed to make him laugh midway in talking about his trauma. 

Julianne loved his laugh. It was so meaningful and beautiful to have laughter come out from deep inside the Jason Todd, the boy who died, the boy who suffered, the boy who was hurt so many more times than Jules could count. Julianne loved cracking him up, loved seeing him wipe away laughter-tears and have his face go mirthfully red as he gasped for breath between chortles. She loved seeing him smile, seeing the edges of his aquamarine eyes crinkle up as he flashed her a bright grin, and that night, she'd made him smile more times than she could count- and she felt hella proud of herself.

She sighed contentedly, heading into the kitchen and looking up to see Dick at the island eating cereal.

"Back from patrol?" She asked, reaching for the 5-Hour Energy drink on the high shelf. 

He handed it to her, smirking. "So, did Jay treat you well?" He looked at the huge shirt that hung off her, chuckling just a bit. Tim definitely would not like seeing her in Jay's clothes.

She thought of the pie, and nodded, a half smile on her face. "I didn't know his pies could be so heavenly."

Dick laughed. "So, you down for some sparring, or would you like to get some beauty sleep?"

Jules chugged it down, ignoring the flash of concern over Dickie's face, before wiping her mouth with the back of her hand. "I'll change first, then I'll head down and kick your butt." She grinned, energy flowing back through her veins, sleep ebbing away.

Dick raised an eyebrow, chuckling. "Can't wait."

She hurried up to her room, quickly pulling off Jason's spare shirt before yanking on a grey long-sleeved athletic crop-top and some yoga pants. She redid her ponytail, grabbing her switchblades on her way out, ready for her first time sparring with Dick.

She stopped at Timmy's door on her way to the Cave, knocking. Maybe he wanted to see her spar with Dick. 

"Timmy? You in there?"

"Mmph." A gruff reply came.

"Can I come in?" Jules opened the door, her face darkening as she saw the mess in his room and the hole in his wall. Instantly she went over to Tim, who was sitting on the edge of the bed, head in his hands.

"Hey, you okay?" she whispered.

Tim sighed, feeling the girl wrap her arms around him in a hug.

"I'm fine." He mumbled, prying her off.

"No, you're not." 

"Pfft, how would you know?"

"There's a hole in your damn wall, Timmy, and it's the exact size as your fist."

"Just leave me alone, Julianne."

 He never used her full name unless something was off.