Chapter 10- jobs

TWO WEEKS LATER
Capricorn's POV
Cancer rushed into the kitchen. "You okay Can?" Mini looked up from her laptop.
"Is there any chicken soup left?" Cancer asked.
"Yeah. Who needs it?" Virgo opened the soup maker and put some of the soup in a bowl. "Scorpio," she answered.
Everyone had suddenly come ill after our little camping thing, well everyone but me, Can, Mini and Virgo. Libra, Aqua and Sag were recovering which made Can's job easier.
"What are you writing?" Virgo asked Mini.
"Why I want to be a director," she answered.
"That for your career thingy?" I questioned, sipping my coffee.
She nodded. "What are you doing yours about?" She asked us.
"Teacher," Virgo closed the soup can.
"Police officer," I put my coffee cup down.
"AAA-aaa-CHOOO!" We turned to the kitchen entrance. Libra was standing there in a purple unicorn onesie holding a box of tissues. "Libra if cancer catches you you're dead," Mini said with an amused expression.
"I'm fine," she blew her nose.
"Right," Virgo rolled her eyes. Libra shuffled over and sat next to me at the counter.
"How's Aqua and Gem?" Virgo asked.
"Gem is still really ill and aqua is slowly getting better," she answered.
"That's good," Virgo said, leaning on the counter opposite us.
"How is our wannabe nurse?" Libra questioned, blowing her nose again.
"Stressed," Mini snorted, closing her laptop.
"Maybe we should help her..?" Virgo suggested.
"I'm fine don't worry. Libra. Back to bed. You don't want to infect Cap, Mini and V," Cancer came in.
"Why do you want to be a nurse Can?" Libra asked.
"To help heal others the way I couldn't myself," she answered and took Libra's arm, taking her upstairs.
"I guess we have been sort of... in denial about our lives," Virgo murmured. I rubbed my wrists. We all had our scars.

TWO WEEKS LATER
Okay. So finally, everyone was fine and healed. So we were having our first meal together for a month.
"God it's been weird," Virgo smiled.
"Yeah. I hate being ill," Pisces reached for the ketchup.
"Well you're fine now," Mini said.
"Yeah. Thanks Can," Taurus smiled.
"It was nothing," she shrugged. She did look exhausted now I think about it. She had bags under her eyes and her eyes were bloodshot and red. "Can go and sleep," Scorpio said firmly.
"I'm fine," she answered shortly.
"Go sleep, you're exhausted," Aquarius said.
"I am perfectly alri-," she yawned and put her head on the table.
"Scorp take her to bed," Aries said. He nodded and got up, gently lifting the girl up and taking her upstairs.
"Well it was a very uneventful week," Sag said.
"You guys need to do your 'why I want to be so and so' essay," I said.
"Great," Gem grouched.
"So... what do you want to do when you're older?" I asked.
"Photographer or football coach," Aquarius said. "Not really sure yet," she added.
"Basketball player," Taurus said.
"Race car driver!" Leo grinned.
"Marine biologist," Pisces put a spoonful of mashed potatoes on her plate.
"Actress," Libra said.
"Politician," Sag said seriously.
"Are you sure you're..." Taurus trailed off awkwardly.
"Serious enough? I can be," he shrugged.
"What about you Gem?" Aries turned to her.
"Well I kinda want to be a film editor," she shrugged. "What about you Ari?"
"Personal trainer or businessman," he said.
"What are you guys talking about?" Scorpio joined us.
"What we want to be when we're older. So. What do you want to be?" I turned to my friend.
"Oh... um..." he trailed off, uncertain. He flushed.
"Go on, we're curious," Leo said helpfully.
"I joined the army," he said.
"What? When?" Taurus' eyes widened. This chat just got a lot more real.
"Before I came here, I was on leave so I decided to go to college to get a better education instead of going back to the hellhole that was home," he answered.
"When does your leave stop?" Aquarius asked uncertainly.
"Five months or so," he answered.
"When were you planning to tell us?" I demanded.
"I was going to tell you last week but we were ill," he said.
"When are you going to tell Can?" Mini asked.
"When she isn't exhausted," he answered firmly.
"If you get yourself killed I'm gonna kill you," I said. "But it's your choice I guess," I added. "Yeah whatever," he grumbled.