30.

One month later

𝘕𝘢𝘧𝘴𝘢

"Can you back up." I held my hand up to Gabby walking in my grandmother's house.

She looked at me sideways confused, "I know your hurting she was your favorite."

Ignoring her I walked away pulling my shades down.

Just like that my grandmother was gone. One day she was here talking to me the next laying in her casket. At this point in my life, I didn't know how to feel, I was doing everything alone nobody knew how I felt.

"She ain't even tell us, that's fucking me up," Trell mumbled standing in the middle of the kitchen.

"Remember when we all got fucked up and ended up here?"

"Bro Yes grandma beat all our ass then babied us."

"Man now she babied the fuck out Nafsa."

Everybody stopped where they were turning towards Gabby, "Yeah.."

"You good?" Terry nudged me.

"Yep." I managed to say. I really couldn't count how many times I cried since last week, every single hour it had to be.

"I just want to say, my mom was an awesome woman she put in effort of raising my child. Never thought this day would have arrived." Whitney announced to the whole family annoying me. "That's why I want to announce I am pregnant again!"

"Really?!" I turned to her. "Nobody cares about you being pregnant my damn grandmother just died, my only mother. For you to even say she put effort to raise me, she raised me, While you let your damn brother raped."

"Nafsa... baby you know Johnny never meant that how about we just go outside and talk."

"No, you wanted to announce that your pregnant right?! Let's announce how you never took care of me, let your brother rape me in my childhood years, took away my only hope of becoming somebody, beat me when I didn't comply. But you know your the best mother right?"

"You wanted it!" She yelled causing most of our family to gasp loudly.

Y'all knew, shut the hell up.

"Whitney, I am deeply sorry for that child in your stomach, you will never in your lifetime be a mother. Your sick and I hate every bone in your body."

Getting up I prepared myself to walk out and never come back. " You think you're any better than me? Your pregnant by a man who ain't gone shit for you and yourchild stuck in the hood. You worthless ass bitch."

"I promise you my child's father is going to do everything needed and more for our child." I slammed my grandmother's door with my hands shaking.

Is this how you're supposed to morn?

I'm supposed to be a successful salon owner by now, but I'm stuck sitting in my car crying my eyes out. Every time something goes right everything comes falling back down.

Feeling somebody hold me I jumped up feeling dizzy my eyes were playing tricks on me, Keontae was staring at me.

"Lay down."

"I'm dead?!" I jumped up. Maybe I should've stayed at my grandma's house.

"How I'm dead and I'm- okay. Let me hug you." He pulled me in more hugging me tightly.

"You're real? How- when did you get out?"

"Bail, and today." "You really got big as fuck." He rubbed my growing belly.

I cleared my voice looking around the floor"It's just a hump."

"Why ain't you ain't buy no furniture this floor hard."

"I'm tired. I can barely get up in the morning to do appointments. I'm over all this."

"Let's get married, and be like Bonnie and Clyde."

Send him back to jail.

"Sir I'm pregnant you're definitely already in enough mess. I'm just waiting for the moment to pass over."

"It's not, your only going to start missing her more. The only way to move forward is to grow with the hurt."

Looking at him I squinted, "When you became all-wise now."

"Been, I'm dead serious about getting married."

"Do you know what marriage is?" I stared at him. "It's not a childish relationship were going to be committed, together, share everything.

"Starting to think you think of me as a dumb ass. I wouldn't say let's get married if I didn't know what marriage is."

"You really wanna marry me?"

"Yep. We done been through so much shit, not on any sap ass shit I can't see living my life without you."

"That's the most sappest thing I have ever heard you say." I snickered trying to stand up. "I just wanna be happy."

"You done got soft on me." He helped me up grabbing my waist. " Mini, will you marry me?"