03

Attention, guys. I have no idea about medical things, so please don't make it big problem.

__

The next day, Ryan couldn't visit Meghan because of an emergency and the next morning he and Jackson had to leave because of an explosion in one of his factories in Brazil.

He didn't have time to chat about her condition with the doctor because he was already busy with work.

When they landed, they were fetched by his driver who took them to the headquarters in Brazil. The car pulled up in front of a tall skyscraper, he got out and entered the building where he was greeted by the manager. He asked him about the accident details, like how many people got injured or died and fortunately, no one was harmed. He created a group of people whom he put in charge of damage control and made a list of people whom he had to pay a visit and covered things up.

Sadly he had to leave the twins behind. He called his housekeeper to live in their house and babysit them for a while. He hoped they weren't too upset with his unplanned departure.

*

Meghan squinted, trying to open her eyes but couldn't due to the blinding lights. Almost on the brink of giving up, she tried one more time and suddenly everything went white. Was she dead? Millions of questions, all in her mind, unanswered. Deciding to take matters in her own hands she looked around. The rhythmic beeping from the electrocardiogram, the IV pump attached to a rod? by now it was clear that she was in a hospital room.

Suddenly the door opened and entered Dr Schmidt followed by a nurse.

"Hello, Mrs Williams. How are you today? "

The nurse approached her to run some tests.

"Sore, dizzy and my body seems to be aching everywhere.., " Meghan said slowly in her hoarse voice.

The nurse gave her a cup of water accompanied by a straw which she slurped greedily. Bending downwards, the nurse
pushed a button so that the head of the bed lifted, making it more comfortable for Meghan.

Dr Schmidt moved forward and brought a torch with which he examined her eyes.

"Okay, you are fine now. Your condition seems to be progressing. The dizzy spells you have are because a concussion, you hit your head hard," he said calmly while standing by the bed.

"You had lost too much blood. You were in the ICU about 3 days ago. "

"My condition was that worse? " Meghan knitted her forehead.

"Yeah, the accident took a huge toll on your body. Unfortunately, you had a miscarriage. The baby died."

"You're kidding, right? " her eyes welled up by tears. She touched her tummy.

" I am sorry, Mrs Williams. We did everything we could do. The hit was hard enough to kill the baby immediately. "

"But.. But.. I just want to surprise my sons. I had promised them. "

"Mrs Williams, please. Don't stress much. You have to rest. You are fine but not fully recovered. "

She took a deep breath and remembered something.

"Where is everyone? Can I call my family? "

" It is already late, Mrs Williams. You can call them tomorrow. Now, you have to rest," Dr Schmidt said.

"Also, your brother in law and his girlfriend visited you about two days ago but not a word from your husband. "

"Oh... "