01

It was utter chaos, people screaming, the sound of crashing glass and sirens was all that could be heard.

Her vision was blurred, all she could feel was a cold liquid dripping from her forehead. Suddenly the feeling of fatigue crashed over her like a huge, ocean wave. Her body felt heavy, she wanted to sleep. Not being able to maintain her body's weight she leaned on the steering wheel.

Next thing she knew she was being carried on a stretcher and suddenly everything went black.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

After finishing his meeting, Ryan came back to his office. Wait, why is the door open? Nevermind. He took a seat on his chair and was about to reach for his laptop, suddenly something caught his eye. A chocolate brown envelope which had his name written in cursive. I wonder what this is, he thought.

Before opening, he called his PA
"Freddy, did someone leave a package for me?"

"No, Sir, is something wrong?"

"Did you see anyone entering my office while I was in the meeting?"

"No sir," he replied.

"Are you sure? Were you in your place throughout while I was in the meeting?"

He hesitated and said, "No, Sir. I did visit the restroom for a while."

"Oh, continue then."

Curiosity got the best of me and I opened the envelope. That was the biggest mistake I ever made

Like a storm, his mind went blank. His wife, in every picture, was hugging, kissing even making out with a man in different outfits.

The stress from work was also not helping, he wanted to explode.

He collected them, placing them back in the envelope and threw it in his desk drawer.

He pinched the bridge of the nose, massaged his head, his appetite for lunch was long gone. Never in million years, he thought his wife would cheat on him. It was like their relationship from dating till marriage had no meaning. 7 years, wasted. All he did for her, all the sacrifices had no meaning to her.

How could she do this to him? To their twin boys?

What would he say to the twins? He tried calling her but it went straight to voicemail.

*

"Did you contact her relative?"

" I already call her husband, sir, according to her the emergency list on her phone but he didn't pick up. The same goes for her house phone. "

"Try calling someone else."

"It's just her husband, her kids' teacher and her house phone."

"Keep trying."

"Ok, sir."

Dr. Schmidt sighed. He couldn't think straight because of Meghan condition.

According to the police, the drunk driver went through the traffic light and hit Meghan's car. The driver is in critical condition, but Meghan, she had a concussion and losing so much blood. Now she was in coma.

*

"Daddy!"

Two voices in unison greeted him. They were happy because today their dad came to pick them up.

They hugged him as he carried the boys in his arms and kissed both their cheek. His stress level went down a bit on hearing their giggles.

"Where is Momma?" Leone the blond kid and emerald eyes asked Ryan.

"She went to get something so, I picked you guys up. "

"She promised us lunch. She said she wanted to show us something. Because it's a big news," Liam, who had light brown hair and same eyes as Leone added.

"How about you guys have lunch with me while we wait for Momma to come. "

"Okay, " they both said in unison.

*

Jackson Williams was meeting his girlfriend, he promised to give her a surprise and she was excited.

Rosey Clarkson was a professional model. Her agency was one of the most famous ones in New York. Today the shoot was for summer collection bikinis so, she had to pair with a male model.

Jackson was smiling proudly because he could sense her seriousness when it came to modelling. She had a nice self-confident and arrogant but professional personality that attracted her agency to recruit her.

When she finished, she changed her outfit and ran to him. He hugged her and kissed her temple.

"Are you ready to find your surprise?"
he asked.

"Yes, I can't wait anymore!"

Rosey was giddy, she couldn't stop bouncing on her toes making Jackson laugh.

Her curly auburn hair smelled heavenly, he couldn't stop sniffing it.

"Okay, so first we have to.. "

His phone rang. The name on the screen was Meghan, his sister in law. He had no idea why did she call him.

"Hello, Sis? "

"Is this Jackson? "

Another female voice answered his greeting.

"Yes. I am Jackson, who is this? Why did you call me by my sister phone?"

" I am sorry, I can't reach her husband. Fortunately, I found your phone number. Meghan, the owner of the phone is in an accident. Now, she is in ICU, having mild coma. "

"Alright. I understand. Thank you, I'll be there. "
"Who was that?"

"Sorry, babe. We have to come to the hospital. My sister is in an accident. She in coma. "

"Oh, My God!" Rosey clamped her mouth shocked. " We have to hurry."

They reached the parking ground and went to the receptionist desk. Jackson's mind was hazy, he couldn't think straight. Rosey noticed it and squeezed his hand in assurance.

He tried to call his brother but it went on voice mail. He took a long breath to redeem his pulsing heartbeat.

You better be fine, sis.

_______

Edited by IvorySilver02