Chapter 27

ANIKA

"Oh wow. What's with the lipstick, Anika? It's the first time that I've seen you wear it in school. Was it because of your date yesterday? You wanted to look good for Britney? But you may need to check it in the mirror because it's kind of messy." I automatically touched my lips when I heard Stacey's comment. Lipstick? I don't use them in school. So how in the earth—oh, right.

"Based on her facial reaction, and how red her face is, it's not hers. Just do the math." Charlie said while smirking at me. I took my hanky in my pocket and wiped my lips. Ugh! Why didn't I check it in the mirror before I got out of the restroom. And that explained Monique's smile when she looked at me after our early make out session.

"Oh wow. This early? So you just woke up and you're both feeling horny and decided see each other before the first subject to have an early make out session. That's even more juicy, lol." Stacey winked and chuckled.

I ignored them and just took a seat beside Carlie. I know that they won't stop teasing me if I'll answer all their questions.

And it wasn't my fault that I got super horny when I woke up. It was Monique's and her text messages. It was my first sexting experience and it haunted me even when I was sleeping. I even dreamt that we're doing it. So, when I received a text message from her that she's already in 'our' restroom, I didn't know what has gotten into me, but I went there as fast as I can. And the rest is history.

"I always thought that Anika is a prude, but I was wrong. She's as horny as a red deer." ugh! They won't stop. I gave Stacey a glare when I heard what she said.

I was about to say something when Monique and Kitty entered our classroom.

"Oh. Look who's early." Jonas commented while looking at the cheerleaders.

"Hey guys, good morning." Kitty smiled at us.

"Morning." Monique said and was about to take her seat when Stacey opened her mouth.

"I like the shade of your lippy, Monique. I thought I saw Anika wearing the same shade a while ago, but I think it was just my imagination." I saw how Monique looked around and then when she saw that we're the only ones inside the classroom, she looked at Stacey.

"Really? Well that sucks. I thought I saw that, too. But it's fine. I can always lend her mine." and with that, she leaned and kissed me in front of our friends. It was chaste and short, but it got us all wide eyed when she did that.

"OH MY GOD!" they all shrieked while looking at us.

"There. It really suits you well, Anika." Monique said casually after the kiss before taking the seat on my right.

"Wow. That was cool." Stacey said and they all chuckled.

I just looked at them because I couldn't believe what just happened. When I turned to the girl on my right, she smiled and winked at me.

"Well, I don't think Anika's still with us. She might still be daydreaming about that kiss." Kitty's comment made me snap and get back to reality.

I narrowed my eyes on Monique who's been giving me an 'innocent' look.

"What the hell? Why did you kiss me in front of everyone? Are you out of your mind? What if somebody sees us?" I said while trying to control my voice. Our classmates might be here any minute now and I don't want them to hear what I just said to Monique. "My God, Monique, we're doing this for your sake and you were so careless when you did that! What were you thinking when you did that, huh?!" I continued when she didn't say anything.

Our friends went quiet and looked at us. Well, they were looking at Monique in particular. They were waiting for her answer.

Monique just shrugged and calmly answered.

"Your lips were so tempting, and I couldn't think of anything but kissing you. I'm so addicted to you, your lips, and everything about you. You make me feel things, Anika. I can't think straight when it comes to you. I wasn't even aware that what I did was too risky. I didn't even care if someone else saw what I did a while ago. I like kissing you, I like you, and that's all that matters now." she sincerely said and I heard my friends cheered when they heard her answer, well, except for Carlie who's been looking at us seriously. I'll just talk to her later.

I tried not so smile and control the butterflies in my stomach, but I can't. That was sweet. She just confessed what she's feeling in front of our friends. I think, she really wants their approval. I mean, yes, they support us, but they weren't sure if Monique's feeling the same. They still have doubts that I might get hurt and that

"Wooohoooo! I never thought I'd say this, but you were soooo awesome, Monique! That was dope!" Charlie said and Monique smiled at her comment. I'm glad that they like each other now.

"And cheesy. I pegged you as the ice queen, but not anymore. I'm officially the president of your love team! That was so sweet, Monique." Jonas even high-fived her. Oh wow.

"I'm on your team now, Monique. Now I'm sure that what you're feeling towards our friend is genuine. I thought it was just about having sex with Anika." I tried to stop Stacey on what she's saying but she continued. "But you proved yourself to us when you asked her on a date and now, this. You didn't even think about the consequences if somebody else saw you kissing our friend. From being the most popular girl, you might become a loser. You know that, right?" Stacey added.

I heard Carlie sighed before saying her piece, so I know that she's about to say something that might hurt myfeelings. Or I'm about to get some 'real talk' from my best friend.

"I'm okay with this since I can see how happy my best friend is. But I must let you two know that I still don't condone that you're doing this behind someone else's back. Anika's still a third party. You still have a boyfriend, Monique. I wouldn't want it if my best friend will be called a relationship wrecker. So, if you're really serious about what's going on between the two of you, you should do the right thing. I'm not saying that you should tell the whole world about you and Anika, but please, just make it right. You need to choose between her and your boyfriend. You can't get the best of both worlds. You're not Hannah Montana." she said finishing her speech.

Before Monique can say anything, Mike entered the room and gave her a kiss. I looked away because I don't want to see her smooching her boyfriend after what we did a while ago. It fucking hurts, but I can't do anything. He's still her boyfriend.

"Hey Baby, I was looking for you. I even tried to call you but you you weren't answering my calls. I missed you last night. Oh, and I met your Mom at the grocery last night and she asked me if I could go to your house tonight because she'll be preparing something for us. Isn't she the sweetest? And I said yes, so I guess, I'll see you tonight?" I tried not to listen to what their talking about, but they were just beside me, so yeah, I should bear with it.

"Y-yeah. I guess." I heard Monique said and there's this familiar pang in my chest.

When I looked at Carlie, she's also looking at me as if saying that this is what she was talking about a while ago. Well yeah. She was right about that. Monique and I couldn't be completely happy if there's still someone in between us.

She's still with Mike and I'm still her 'mistress', fact.

Ugh! Reality sucks!