Chapter 16

ANIKA

"Someone's in a good mood, eh? Did something happen?" Carlie suspiciously asked when they saw me standing near my locker.

"Huh? I'm always like this, Carls. You know that I'm always excited to go to school. I like learning new stuffs." I said smiling.

She shook her head.

"No no no no no! I know you so well, Anika. You're unusually chirpier today. Something really happened this weekend. Or last Friday. What is it? I'm guessing that it has something to do with the queen." she said lowering her voice.

"Oh, did you get laid last weekend, Anika? Did you give her the permission to dive and eat your pearl? How was it? Was she good?" of course, that's our Stacey, ladies and gentlemen.

"Stace, no. Nothing happened between us." I said. Well, we were about to, and I had to thank the pizza delivery guy for stopping what was about to happened that night. I don't think I was ready yet to give it to her. I just felt kind of horny when she did that dirty talk. Ugh! I really need to control myself when we're alone.

"Boo. That's boring. So you guys just really 'talked"? Like talked-talked and no other business? I really thought that Britney's better than that." she said while looking at me. "Or, she tried to but your prude self didn't allow her to, hmmm." she added.

"I think it's the latter. Look at Anika, her face is so red while trying to suppress a smile." I just shook my head and smiled.

"See? We need details." Jonas said excitedly.

"No. It's almost time for our first class and I don't think that this is the best place to talk about it." I said while looking at the students in the hallway.

"Agree. So let's just talk about it some other time." Carlie said and I gave her a grateful nod.

"But did you figure out something? Will you continue whatever is it that you're doing or just let it go and move on?" Stacey asked in a low voice while looking around the hallway.

I gave them a nod.

"I'll tell you later, after class. Mom said she'll be cooking you favorite," I looked at Carlie, "So she told me to invite you guys. I'll invite Charlie too. My parents would be happy to know that we have a new friend." I said.

"Invite me where?" Charlie came out of nowhere and put her arm around my shoulder.

"Good morning to you, too, Charlie." I said sarcastically. She just grinned and wiggled her brows.

"Anika's Mom is inviting us later to join them for dinner. And FYI, Tita Nikka's baked macaroni is the best! You'll forget your name once you've tasted it. YUM!" Carlie exclaimed animatedly. Oh wow, someone's really excited.

"Well, if that's the case, I'm in!" Charlie chuckled. "By the way, you look prettier today. Did you get laid or are you in love?" Charlie asked while looking at me. Her face is just inches away from me but I didn't feel anything. It was really not the same with Monique.

"No to both." I said shrugging.

"Hmmm. I don't believe you. But it's fine. I'm pretty sure that you'll tell us everything when the right time comes." She said.

"Have you ever been in love, Charlie?" I asked while looking at her directly.

She sighed and smiled sadly.

"Yes, I have. And I still am very much in love with that person. But I was 'best friend zoned' by K, so yeah, I need to move on.' " she said while trying to hold back her tears.