Chapter 26

ANIKA

Hey, it's me. I smiled when I read the text message. I was still in cloud 9 when I received it. I was just reminiscing our 'date', and here she is again. She had no idea how happy I was a while ago. I mean, it was my first time to experience a real date, and it was better than my imagination. That incredible feeling I felt when we were dancing, and how we talked about anything under the sun. We didn't even realize the time and our friends were the ones who reminded us that we still have school tomorrow.

When she was saying goodbye, I could feel that she still wants to be with me, but we both know that we can't let my parents know what's going on between the two us. Well, for now. I would tell them everything, but not now. This issue is sensitive and I want to be ready when that time comes.

I took a deep breath before answering her text message. What? I needed to calm down and not act as a lovesick teenager. I didn't want her to feel that I was really waiting for her message since she did tell me a while ago that she'll text me if she's already home.

Me, who? I typed.

Within a minute I received a reply, I was still smiling as I opened it and it grew wider when I read her reply.

It's Monique. Are you expecting someone else? Sorry if I was being a bother." hmm, someone's jealous and it's cute.

Cute. I replied.

Who is? The one you're expecting? Ugh! How can she be this cute?

I was just joking. I already knew that it is you the moment I received the text message. I'm glad you're home safe. I said.

And thank you for tonight. I had so much fun. I hope that it won't be the last time. I added.

When I realized what I just sent, I froze. Oh God, it was as if I was asking for another date and we just had one a while ago. I sounded so desperate. Ugh!

Some minutes have passed and I haven't received any reply yet.

I was anxiously tapping my fingers while waiting for her reply. I hope that my last message didn't scare her. I should've waited for her to say those things. Stupid Anika, stupid!

Just tell her to disregard the last message.

Please disregard my last text. But before I could send it, I received a reply from her.

I enjoyed our date. Thank you for tonight. I'm sorry that we had our first date in your garden. I promise I'll make up for it. Just wait for our next dates. Stupid butterflies. I could feel that I am blushing. So there's really a next time, yay!

Another message came.

I was just really sad that I didn't get to kiss you because our friends were there and they've been watching us the whole time. I miss your lips. that was the message and I felt that my face is really red right now. I remembered when we were dancing and I really thought that we were going to kiss but my freaking friends ruined it. Cock blockers!

I miss your lips, too. I said truthfully.

If it was just possible, I would've go for a sleepover. She said and I saw green. Fudge, I am fucking imagining that Monique is in my bed and we were kissing and touching and then we will—oh fuck. Stop, Anika. Stop being a perv.

Next time.

I almost dropped my phone when I read what she sent. Shit! Is this what I think it is?

What are you wearing?

Why are you asking? stupid question, I know. But I had to ask.

Remember what I told you before saying goodbye?