Chapter 13

Rachael

I watched the woman as she was staring in her laptop. I had spent the whole day with her and I didn't want to leave. I kept telling myself it was because this relationship was new but I knew better. Of course we confused our love for each other but I guess I felt it would still be easy to leave if and when I wanted to but I knew it was a lie. In such a short period of time I just knew that I wasn't going anywhere. Like she said we're forlifers. I smiled at that thought. I couldn't believe I was in a relationship. It was only my second real relationship and I wanted to experience everything when it came to us. So I had went and purchased a new strap.

"So who did you say had hit Stacey in the face?" She looked over at me looking gorgeous as ever. "What, thought I was going to forget our conversation?"

"I was hoping you would."

"Well I'm not." I wanted to know what happened. And yes when I first saw those phones on the table I was upset but I got over it. Because maybe she did deserve that hit to the face but if Yolanda didn't do it then who did? And I know she knew. I wanted her to sweat it out though before dropped the situation.

"Who did it?"

"It doesn't matter."

"She going to come after us."

"Then let her. She won't do nothing."

"You sound so confident."

"I am."

"Just tell me the truth Londa. You did it didn't you?"

"I already told you that I didn't." I sighed.

"You want this to be the end of us ? All because you can't tell me the truth?"

"The truth doesn't matter. All that matter is that you're okay and you have your phone back. Nothing else matters. Her getting hit was her karma. I didn't do it so it's neither of our problem."

"Why did you take her phone then?"

"Because she took yours."

"So what are you going to do with it?"

"I was thinking about fucking up all her accounts. Some petty shit but decided against it."

"Okay but what are you going to do with it now?"

"Throw it away."

"Why not give it back to her?"

"Because I don't care to give it back. She can get a new one."

"That wouldn't be fair now would it."

"Life isn't fair." She said with a hunch of her shoulders. "You get back what you dish out. That's how I grew up."

"You don't have to stay with that mindset though."

"That's true. But I currently have this mindset so this is what I'm rocking with." I just shook my head.

"And if I decide to leave because I feel you're lying to me?"

"What reason would I have to lye? And I don't want you to go."