61 - He Said He Will Kill Me.

"How the hell did this happen!?" Namjoon yelled to the phone after listening to the local police unit head blabbering about losing their culprit.

Others, except Jungkook and Taehyung, were gathered in Namjoon's office. And they couldn't believe what they were hearing. After all the trouble they had gone through to catch the guy, not to mention Jungkook putting his life in risk too, that bastard had managed to escape.

Luckily neither police officers in that vehicle were dead, although one of them had a bullet in his side. The paramedic team had managed to stop the bleeding and rushed them to a hospital. He's in a critical condition but it looks like he will pull through.

Jungkook was also in the hospital as he was being tested for poison or any harmful substance. They didn't want to take a chance with whatever the hell Chaeyoung gave him. Taehyung was accompanying him too. The procedure was already done and they were currently coming back.

Soobin and his team arrested Chaeyoung and she was immediately sent to the prosecutor's office as there was an official request from them to get this case. Namjoon didn't mind, he knew the prosecutor's office would be even more strict than the police.

Yoongi was beyond mad, someone dared to hurt his brother, and after doing everything right, that bastard still managed to escape. It didn't sit right with him and he had been trying ever since to get any information about it. But so far, it was unsuccessful.

The two police officers were not much help either. One was still unconscious and the other seemed to be having a concussion from his head wound. He doesn't remember anything clearly.

The people arrested were questioned but they had no clue about how their boss escaped. Two guys who took Jungkook from the restaurant and others in that office room were charged with kidnapping a police officer with the CCTV footage that Yoongi had provided  for evidence.

Even after weeks of searching and investigating, Lee Minho was nowhere to be found. It was like he had vanished from the face of the earth. That made Namjoon suspect that maybe he had help from someone outside his own men cause no one associated with Minho would have that much of ability.

Chaeyoung happened to be one of the dancers in a club handled by Minho and was paid to pretend as Son Chaeyoung. The representative from the prosecutor's office had met with the real Son Chaeyoung, the girl didn't have any idea that she had passed the entrance exam and was asked to join the Seoul prosecutor's office.

They arrested two more people within the prosecutor's office who had assisted in this elaborate scheme. All of them were held accountable for their actions in a court and were sentenced as guilty.

As there were no leads to follow, the investigation fell through after that and they had to close the case. No one was happy about it but there wasn't anything they could do.

_______________________________

"Jimin-ssi, can you check these number plates for me?" Jungkook said in a cheery voice and threw a paper containing some numbers to the other.

"Yah! Why do you always call me Jimin-ssi? And not Jimin hyung? You call everyone else hyung!" Jimin said with a huff and Jungkook smiled sweetly at him.

"You're too short to call hyung." Jungkook said without any hesitation and muffled laughs could be heard in the team.

Jimin glared at the others and it was enough to wipe the smiles from their faces. Everyone except Jungkook, that is. Jimin then looked back at the youngest again. "You're brother is short too."

"Yeah well, hyung makes up for that with his charisma." Jungkook replied in a bored voice, making Jimin even more angry. "You on the other hand... hmm... how can I put this? You have a short personality."

Jimin shot up from his chair and ran around the table to where Jungkook was sitting a second ago. But the younger had already anticipated this move and was already on the other side of the table, out of Jimin's reach.

"Come here you brat!!" Jimin hissed in anger. "I'm gonna kill you today."

"Ohhh...wait till I tell hyung that you threatened my life." Jungkook answered in a teasing voice as they both ran around the table.

Their team, plus all the people within hearing distance of this commotion, were looking at the two adults that seemed to be playing tag in the office. They were used to it anyway.

"What's going on in here?!" A voice rang through the air and both stopped their running to look at Namjoon and Yoongi.

Namjoon had a shocked face while Yoongi had a slightly disappointed one. Jimin immediately lowered his face in shame, he couldn't decide which one of those two he was feeling more ashamed towards.

Namjoon cleared his throat and walked to Taehyung, who was doing his work without sparing a single glance to what was happening around him. Namjoon and Yoongi had some details that needed Taehyung's opinion, that's why they were here.

Jungkook and Jimin just stood where they were. Jimin's seat was near where Yoongi was standing so he was not feeling confident at all to go back. And Jungkook's seat was where Jimin was standing so he was not feeling confident to go to his seat too. So they just stayed where they were, both waiting till the coast cleared.

After about 5 minutes, Namjoon got what he wanted and left with shaking his head. Yoongi however stayed back. He took turns to look at the two standing figures before walking closer to Jungkook.

"What's going on here?"

Jungkook might be brave and not scared of any shit, but he still gets nervous when his brother looks at him in this scolding way. In desperation, he tried to turn the attention to the other, using his brother's love as a shield to hide.

"Jimim said he will kill me!!"

A gasp left Jimin's mouth and Yoongi turned to look at him immediately. Jimin's face was red from being mortified. He could not believe Jungkook would just throw him under the bus like that.

Yes, he and Yoongi have been giving glances at each other for some time now and yes, they both are kind of aware of how the other feels. But Yoongi hadn't said anything to Jimin and Jimin is too much of a coward to make the first move. He gets way too intimidated and a blushing mess whenever Yoongi is near or even when his name is uttered somewhere.

Even now, Jimin couldn't gather up enough courage to even look at Yoongi so he kept his face down while his heart was beating for what must be a thousand times per minute.

Yoongi looked back at Jungkook, who was now smiling in a clear mischief and leaned in to whisper to the younger. "And what did you do to make him threaten like that?"

"Nothing!-" Jungkook tried to deny it but one look at Yoongi's raised eyebrows and he crumbled. "I said he has a short personality."

Yoongi sighed and rubbed his nose bridge. Jungkook was such a brat sometime, not that the other one is much better. He honestly felt very sorry for Taehyung, who always had to be stuck between these two overgrown teenagers. Yoongi looked at Jimin again and with great difficulty, managed not to coo at him. The latter was looking like a high-school trouble maker, waiting to be told by the principal about what his punishments would be.

"Apologize to him." Yoongi looked at Jungkook and said in a soft voice, making Jungkook pout. "For me, please."

Jungkook huffed again but walked around the table towards his seat. Yoongi didn't wait to see if Jungkook carried out his request because he knew that the younger one would.

Jungkook walked with a pout and stood near Jimin, making the elder lookup. "Hyung said to apologize, I'm sorry."

Jimin's face got even redder, if that was even possible. He stuttered an 'it's ok' Before speed walked to his seat and buried himself in his chair. Jungkook also sat down on his seat and started his work.

Jin extended his palm towards Hoseok, who groaned in annoyance and put a 10000 won note in his hand.

"Easy money!" Jin waved the note in the air in a dramatic manner, making everyone shake their heads at that.