57 - I Want Jeon Jungkook On His Knees.

Jimin watched as the couple came to the office together, being their usual lovey-dovey selves. He was sort of worried that the two would have fought yesterday but clearly, that doesn't seem like the case. To say that Jimin was relieved, is an understatement. The last place he wanted to be stuck is between his best friend and his hopefully, brother in law.

"So.." Jimin inched closer to their team's youngest the first moment Taehyung went away from his seat. "How was coffee yesterday?"

Jungkook rolled his eyes and answered in a tight voice, fully aware that the rest of the team was listening in too. "I didn't go."

"Oh!" Jimin was surprised. He didn't think Jungkook would back down like that. "That's... good, I guess. What did you say to her?"

"I told her that something happened at work and that I need to take a rain check on that. "

"Rain check? So you will go on a later day?"

Jungkook sighed in dismay. Even Taehyung didn't ask this many questions. But then again, Taehyung was rather distracted with other activities.

"No, it was a mistake to agree. I hope she will get the hint, I don't want to be rude."

Jimin hummed in agreement. Jungkook might be a hot head and a little stubborn. But he has a kind heart and is very considerate towards others. Exactly like his brother.

Their conversation was cut short when Taehyung returned to his seat. He furrowed his eyebrows at the way everyone was so engaged with their own work. It was very obviously fake. Taehyung just looked at Jungkook to see if he was okay, as he could guess what the team was talking about and the younger one gave him a reassuring smile.

The work was normal for the next week. They were gathering information and keeping tabs on criminal organizations across Korea but they didn't have any specific target or a mission as of yet. That is the nature of their team. A whole lot of investigations and paperwork to prepare for a mission.

Taehyung and Jungkook were doing good too. They met with Taehyung's parents once to discuss the marriage preparations as they were planning to hold the event near the end of the year. A date was not yet fixed and was just going through the options.

Chaeyoung actually did call a few more times but Jungkook politely excused himself every time. Some were genuine excuses so he didn't feel bad. Taehyung actually found it really amusing to see Jungkook struggling with this girl. Now that the younger is not giving her any time of his day, Taehyung was not jealous and didn't have the urge to plan her murder.

Once she came to a crime scene, with Seojoon, and Jungkook was there too. She quite boldly asked for lunch for which Jungkook actually didn't have an excuse. But luckily, Hoseok was there and he got the younger out by saying they had few more places to go.

Jungkook couldn't understand the girl. He had given more than enough indications that he's not interested at all, but she seemed to be disregarding it completely. Either she's really just an overly friendly girl or way too confident in her charming abilities.

Today, Taehyung and Jungkook had to go out of town to check an abandoned warehouse as they got a tip about a possible hideout related to a drug business. They went in the morning and had to wait for a few hours. But it was finally checked and turned out to be a false lead.

Jungkook wanted to go home early. Silly reason actually, he had ordered some shoes and they had said it'll get delivered tonight. But the work was not done yet and Jungkook was getting a little irritated.

Taehyung noticed it and asked about it from the younger one, who explained the situation with a pout. Normally they are supposed to work as partners but Taehyung can never say no to his fiancé's puppy eyes. So he told him to go home early and that he will come after finishing the work. This will anyway take at least two more hours and Taehyung said he could take a cab and Jungkook to return with the car.