19 - Giving In.

Jungkook was having an absolutely terrible time. There are many reasons for it but mainly, it's because of V. Jungkook had not slept at all after they came back to their rooms that day because he was having so many thoughts in his head.

'What will happen now? Is V and he like a thing now?' Jungkook knows that the kiss they shared was a pretend one but he can't help thinking maybe, just maybe, there is a little bit of truth in it too. Cause that's exactly how it felt to Jungkook.

V clearly cares about him and gets worried and angry about him when he does something dangerous. I mean, it had to mean something, right? So Jungkook didn't know what to expect the next day and the anxiety didn't let him sleep at all.

But he didn't see V the next day, or the one after that. Jungkook actually didn't get to see V for 5 days after their little thriller run. It was in the club and as usual, Jungkook was helping a foreign VVIP. He saw V coming with Jay as the latter came to talk with the VVIP.

Jungkook introduced them, made polite talk but all the while, his heart was beating really fast. This was the first time he saw the elder in 5 days and just suddenly found himself unable to make eye contact.

When he finally gathered the courage to look at V, he found the elder looking the other way. Jungkook furrowed his eyebrows a bit in confusion as V was not even sparing him a glance.

V was looking the other way while he stood dutifully next to Jay. After the boss was done with his little talk, both of them turned to leave. Jungkook didn't even realize he was holding his breath in anticipation to catch V's eye but the slight pain he felt in his heart told him that he had done that.

V on the other hand, noticed the glances he was getting from the younger but deliberately refrained from returning it. Yes, V had been purposefully avoiding Jungkook for the past 5 days.

After he got back from saving Jungkook, V was unable to sleep too. But while Jungkook's thoughts were sort of confusing in a good way, V's ones were dreadful and scary. He was getting too close to the younger and that scared the hell out of him.

V can't do that, he absolutely couldn't. There's too much at stake here, not to mention both of them would be murdered, brutally, if Jay got a hint of it even. So V took the coward's route and avoided Jungkook, instead of talking and explaining the situation to the younger.

He saw Jungkook's eyes searching him everywhere and getting disappointed when he couldn't. He saw how the younger always seemed to be in deep thoughts as his beautiful doe eyes showed confusion and maybe a little pain even.

But Jungkook was still hopeful, until that moment when V showed up with Jay and outright ignored him. V could see the confusion and then hurt in those eyes. And even if it made a slight pang in V's heart, he knows he had to do it.

_________________________________

V was in one of the vacant VIP rooms, taking a small break from all the noise and other shit when he heard the door opening. He quickly turned around to see Jungkook standing there, with an angry look in his eyes.

"So you are avoiding me."

Jungkook closed the door and stood at the entrance, with his back leaning against it. That wasn't a question but it looked like he was waiting for an answer.

"What do you mean? Of course I'm not." V said in an even tone but Jungkook scoffed at that.

"You are!! I saw you after days but you are not even looking at me." Jungkook's voice held an accusation, with a hint of annoyance mixed with it.

"Oh... don't tell me you missed me, doll?" V gave a flirtatious wink to Jungkook, making his voice sort of seductive too.

His heart was beating a little fast and he absolutely couldn't let Jungkook know that. V knows Jungkook hates it when he becomes flirtatious so he was trying to make Jungkook stop confronting him. It had always worked in the past as Jungkook runs away the moment V becomes like that.