2.00 : another turtle

The gym seemed rather empty today and the reason for it was pretty clear. "Seems like everyone is still at stage rehearsals." Minnie mumbled, her hands tying her long hair in a ponytail. "Everyone in HYBE is attending the award show this evening, right?" Hana joined, putting one earphone inside her ear, the other waiting in her hand until Yoon given her the answer she was waiting for: "Not everyone. BTS isn't attending. They're overseas for promotions."

The girls made their ways towards the treadmill, placing their small towels, which were used to wipe their sweat off, onto the bench next to the machines.

"Cardio? I'm still exhausted from the stage rehearsals we just had. Who even planned out our schedule for today? stage rehearsals from 7 to 9 a.m. and not even an hour later cardio? Am I supposed to have the stamina of a fucking horse?"

"Seola, stop cursing. It'll become a habit again." Minnie warned, slightly pinching the younger's arm.

"It took us so long to get rid of it." Yein wheezed, nudging Seola as she walked past her, starting the treadmill. As soon as Yein had started to jog on a slow pace, the other members had slowly started to join in. Cardio wasn't about strengthening their bodies, they had personal training and dance lessons for that. Cardio was about keeping their stamina high, losing lower belly, leg and calve fat that weren't appealing to the korean beauty standards. It also kept the lungs strong. Running had many benefits and now that comeback period was over, they would be allowed to eat more as well as some junk food here and there.

HYBE wasn't usually very strict with diets but since they were a freshly debuted girl group, they were automatically expected to fit the image society wanted them to fit in. Their CEO had informed them that, that was one of the hardest periods of the life of an idol. It should get easier after the first few years. But that information wasn't really relevant to the youngest. She wouldn't let them take away her only source of control over her own body, no matter what. If she had the ability to keep slim, just so they wouldn't take away her food and therefore control yet another part of her, she would gladly take it. 

After about 30 minutes of running, they had finally reached their limit and turned the machines off, walking to their towels on the benches.

"It feels like.. i'm dying." Yoon gasped for air, plumping onto the floor, her sweat dripping down her face. Yein grabbed Yoon's towel, passing it to her as she herself had to sit down for a minute. Yein blinked a few times, shutting her eyes immediately as she noticed that the black dots that covered her vision were not disappearing like they were supposed to. With the strength she had left, she laid down on the floor, pulling her knees up, making sure the blood would float from her legs into her brain and give it the oxygen it needed. Cardio after intense dancing wasn't the best on an empty stomach but she simply didn't like running on a full stomach. It was either throw up because you ate, or get dizzy for a split second because she skipped a meal. Yein would rather choose the second one. 

"You okay?" Seola asked, crouching down next to Yein. By the time she had placed her hand onto Yein's shoulder, the youngest was already able to open her eyes.

"Yeah, I'm starving, that's all." She mumbled, sitting up straight.

"No kidding. I'm so hungry, I could eat a whole horse on my own." Yoon joined, licking her lips at the imagination of meat on her plate. Yein gave her a small smile before getting up and checking what was written down next on her individual workout planner. "Two minutes plank.. 50 side planks, 50 Crunches.. 30 squats.. 50 rope jumps.." Yein sighed at the thought of doing squats. 

After grabbing her water bottle and her towel, she made her way towards a matted ground, getting in position for the first exercise. And as predicted, the squats burned the living shit out of her. It burned so much that It felt like she had a hole inside of her butt. All she could do was shout in excitement; "I'm done!" before grabbing her things and running off to the showers.