Chapter 40 [✔]

It's been a few weeks ever since Hermione, Harry and Ron were here in the Malfoy Manor, they had escaped taking Draco's wand as well as Bellatrix's wand.

For whatever reason they had decided to leave me with my wand, I didn't know why.

Draco had knocked me out when the battle had started, he had dragged me away from Hermione's hurt body while I struggled to get to her, after the cruel thing that I had done to her.

He says now that he was only protecting me from getting myself killed, he knew...he knew I remembered Hermione and everything that had happened between her and me.

My mark was burning the sign that Voldemort was going to be arriving within a matter of minutes.

I headed downstairs feeling extremely anxious for whatever he was going to be there for, the dining hall was crowded with the majority of deatheaters that were going to end up leading the army to Hogwarts.

I stayed beside Draco, he was just as nervous as I was.

I knew exactly what was happening.

This was the beginning of the battle.

"Draco," I whisper to him. He looks at me.

"Come here for a second," I say, gripping the back of his suit, dragging him away from the crowded room and down the hall to an eve under the stairs.

"What do you need Y/N?" He asked me, looking at me, not annoyed but rather hopeful as if I had a solution to both of our problems.

"Here," I say, handing him the letter sealed with wax.

"What's this?" He asked.

"If anything happens to me tonight, promise me something?" I say looking into his fearful, grey eyes.

"What?"

"Give this to Hermione and whatever you do...don't open it please?" I ask.

"She'll never accept it from me, you know that," He says.

"Please...if she doesn't just give her this," I say and pull off the ring she had given me.

"How are you so sure that something is going to happen to you Y/N?"

"I'm not...I just want to take precautions in case something does, please we practically signed our fate once we had become death eaters you and I both know that..."

"Alright...just...let me say something first?" He says looking nervous.

"Yes?"

"Even though you stopped loving me and started loving Granger...I have never stopped loving you..." He says looking me in the eyes.

"You know there's some part of me that loves you as well Draco but my heart belongs to Hermione and you know that...but I appreciate that you said that... " I say smiling easily for the first time in a long time at Draco.

Tiptoeing I kiss him on the cheek and walk away from him back down the hall to the grave that Voldemort was digging.

Voldemort stands at the front of the army tall and proud as he gazes around at us.

"They will be expecting us, so do not underestimate them, we cannot fail-we will not fail lest there be dire consequences to those who do not follow what we have practiced," He says his voice booming off the sides of the dining room.

"Draco and Y/N stay here until I give you the signal," He says with red eyes watching the two of us at the back.

Professor Snape, the teacher I have had a love-hate feeling for, stood at his right-hand side ready for the call to action.