Chapter 9 [✔]

Hermione P.O.V

Y/N has been acting strange ever since the beginning of the Triwizard tournament.

She made excuses to not show up at our studying sessions on Tuesday and Thursday plus she doesn't even meet my eyes.

It's like something changed so suddenly that made her rethink the whole thought of studying with me.

Honestly, I have never understood why she would ever even think about studying with me.

The increasing hours that we have been spending together in the back of the library have been enough to push the question of 'why' out of my mind.

I'm a mudblood.

She's a pureblood and a Slytherin.

And a Yaxley.

I'm a nobody who's stuck in the shadow of Harry and Ron the original golden children.

At least Ron is a pureblood and he is liked by so many people in all different Houses-of course aside from Slytherin.

And Harry...

Well I don't think that he needs a long explanation, I mean he's the "chosen one" and he is loved by just about everyone.

But me?

I'm smart.

That's all I am.

I'm smart or clever-but so is Y/N.

She's the smartest person in the Slytherin house and she's second in all of the school.

Second place to...me.

I contemplate this as I walk down to the Great Hall.

Tonight was the choosing ceremony, once it was over I planned on confronting her.

Only of course when there wasn't anyone around.

Ron and Harry sit beside me in the Great Hall watching everyone pour in and sitting down at their table.

Harry and Ron talk about who they believe will win the Hogwarts spot in the tournament.

They hope for either Alicia Spinnet or Angelina Johnson who both entered as their birthdays were a week before the goblet had arrived.

Once we had finished our dinner-yet again a magnificent feast- we were waiting rather antsy, anticipating the drawing ceremony.

Finally, everyone had finished their dessert the leftover crumbs disappearing from the golden plates leaving them sparkling just as they had been when we arrived.

Professor Dumbledore allowed the commotion to subside before looking out onto the crowd now silently awaiting his announcement.

Eyes were locked on the goblet as the light dimmed inside of the Great Hall.

Behind Dumbledore, Professor McGonagall waits to look at the goblet.

The goblet burned a bright magenta it spitting out a single piece of decorated paper.

"The Drumstrang champion is-Viktor Krum!"

He read out just as the crowd broke out into applause.

Everyone claps and cheers as Krum makes his way to the front to shake the Headmaster's hands.

It was unsurprising really- his victory, I mean he was clearly the most relevant candidate.

Another sliver of white and gold paper shoots out from the goblet, Dumbledore catching it neatly before reading out: