Chapter 17 [✔]

Hermione P.O.V

Everything seems harder when it's a secret.

Secrets hurt people and if they are exposed in the open then they can hurt a thousand times more than if they were out in the open in the first place, it never matters what that specific secret is because somehow someway it was going to backfire.

Sure I can see multiple explanations to as why someone would keep something a secret like maybe it would hurt them personally for that secret to get out into the public eye, or perhaps it was forbidden and they didn't want to get caught.

But, that's where the problems begin, selfishness takes over and those feelings overwhelm that person and it can become an even worse burden.

See, this secret-Y/N and I- this will hurt so many people regardless of how we come out and say it.

She wants to keep us a secret and I can see why she wants to but, I know myself that if it is something that I truly want to be told then I will let it slip one way or another.

She said five weeks-the ends of the second task.

Today was that day.

Today we would be telling everyone the truth.

Ever since the day that Draco Malfoy had found us in the Astronomy tower she had become even more cautious than we were before when she was still dating Malfoy.

But it's like a switch was flipped on inside her, like the haunting feeling of Malfoy holding our secret in his hands makes her want to not continue with that secret.

I love her.

More than anything and all I want is to shout it from the rooftops and let everyone know that I had the best girl.

I sit in the common room Ginny sitting across from me our books sprawled out in front of us, she was busy bothering me about the second task and whether or not I had helped Harry find out anything about his golden egg.

When I said no she got offended and walked out of the common room a third-year taking her place.

"You're Hermione Granger?"

He asks me with an excited tone in his voice, so it didn't have to do with anything serious.

"Yes, why?" I raise an eyebrow shutting my DADA notebook feeling incredibly annoyed.

"Well I'm here to gather you and Ronald Weasley, I must take you two to the headmaster's study," he says.

Instead of standing up and walking to find Ron as I normally would I spot him at the other end of the room talking to the twins and shout;

"RON!"

He turns his gaze to me a startled expression on his face.

"GET OVER HERE!" I growl standing up.

"Woah, did you bloody wake up on the wrong side of the bed or something?" He asks, his face red.

I send him a death glare and don't answer him.

My silence sends the second year into a frenzy of ushering us out of the common room and down the stairs to the gargoyle statue guarding Professor Dumbledores' office.

"Pumpkin Pastie!" The second-year cries at the statue with a sense of pride.

The gargoyle springs aside and allows us to climb up the spiral staircase to the door that leads into Dumbledore's office.

"I've never been in here before..." Ron murmurs as we step inside the headmaster's study.

I gaze around in wonder at the colorful chaos of his office, magical artifacts from everywhere you could possibly imagine line the tables and chairs and bookcases.