Chapter 32 [✔]

Hermione P.O.V

It's almost as if the days were growing darker and more painful to endure, my light was wavering as my Y/N was becoming more and more distant as time started running out.

Ever since that night in her room it's like it was the end, the circles under her eyes become darker and her grades were dropping a letter at a time.

I can't figure it out.

By far this is the hardest puzzle that I've had to solve, and I have solved hundreds of tricky- perhaps impossible puzzles.

Aside from telling me that she was a death eater she hasn't told me anything else.

Harry and Ron seem to have noticed a change not only in Draco Malfoy but Y/N as well.

"I'm telling you what I saw, Malfoy has to be a death eater and Yaxley has to know about it!" Harry goes on.

"Oh C'mon Harry! Be serious! He's underage!" I argue despite where my knowledge extended.

"I am Hermione, I bet that Yaxley knows!" Harry growls.

"Maybe if you could-"

"No! I'm not going to use her!" I cut him off.

"I didn't even finish!"

"You didn't have to Harry!"

"She's a death eater- that has to be the only reason she knows," Ron who has been quiet this whole time says.

"What is wrong with you two! They're not deatheaters! I swear!"

"Just because your bloody in love with Yaxley doesn't mean that you should turn your head away from the truth 'Mione! Come on! Use your head!"

I stand up from the table.

"I am using my head, Ron, it's you and Harry who are just considering the impossible! And just because I dated her doesn't mean that I love her!" I lie through my teeth, staring at the two boys that I call my best friends.

"You're absolutely delusional!" Ron yells after me as I walk away from them to my dorm.

➖➖➖

A few days after I was sitting in the courtyard beneath the Astronomy tower, reading a novel.

When he fell, I hadn't noticed but when he landed I was thousand times more startled.

Dumbledore, the headmaster, the most powerful wizard, the man whom I looked up to, fell more than a couple hundred feet to his demise.

I hadn't realized that I screamed until dozens of students had surrounded his body, that was when the chaos erupted.

People started shouting for help and teachers to come to the rescue as if they could save Dumbledore despite how naive that was.

My thoughts could only go to two things- who did this and how did it happen?

Suddenly above us, the cloudy sky illuminated with a dark mark, it's darker than the clouds.

My heart began to pound with a desperation that it wasn't Y/N's doing.

I sincerely hoped that she wasn't the one who did theirs, I prayed that it was Malfoy and not her.

Noises erupted from the castle, I dashed into the corridors to find the teachers fighting with a dozen deatheaters.

Within a matter of minutes, they were gone, they left from whatever way that they came from.

I don't see Y/N anywhere.

I know she had to have heard the commotion unless she had left with the deatheaters.

I see Harry running, pushing aside everyone so that he can get to the courtyard, without a second thought I follow him, tears escaping my eyes.

Harry cried out as Hagrid held him back from Dumbledore's motionless body.

I hiccup, crying as hard as those around me-it truly was a dark time.

I left the scene, turning my body away from the body, deeply, I walked searching for Y/N everywhere I could.

I notice her friend- Astoria Greengrass, standing outside their common room talking to another Slytherin.

"Greengrass!" I call walking towards her with more confidence than I thought I could muster.

"Granger, what do you want?" She sighs looking at me her hands wiping away nonexistent tears.

"Where is Y/N?" I ask.

"I have no idea," She says this but with a tone that told me differently.

"You're lying! Tell me where she is!" I shove her with my hands.

"Blimey Granger!"

"Hermione?" I hear a soft voice say from hind me.

Y/N stood there looking deathly pale as she neared me.

"What are you doing?" She asks me quietly.

"I-uh...I was looking for you," I say sheepishly backing away from Astoria.

"The mudblood attacked me Y/N!" Astoria called to her.

With an unamused expression on her face, she ignored Greengrass and walked toward me taking my hand and leading me away.

Once we entered a secluded area we stop and she lets go of me.

"Alright, now what did you need?" She asks me.

"Y/N...I have so many questions..."

"Then ask them... it's not like I have much to lose now," She says emotionlessly.

"Please tell me...were you a part of what happened tonight," I ask her quietly.

She nods.

"Did you know that Dumbledore was going to die...?"

She nods again turning her gaze away from me.

"Did...did you do it?"

"I...I was ordered to kill Dumbledore...but then at the moment he told me that he forgave me for everything and that I still had a magnificent life to live, people to love and I backed out...Someone else took my place and now I'm most likely going to lose my life for not completing the task that I was given.

"Oh..." That is all I could say.

She nods.

"Hermione I have two questions for you..." She says this softly taking my hand in hers.

"Yes?"

"Do you still love me?"

A thousand emotions overwhelm me and I can't speak.

"Oh...alright..." She says turning away.

"Wait! Y/N of course I love you I always will!"

"Then run away with me..."

Word Count:1022

A/N: I am soooo sorry I have volleyball tryouts all week and I have totally been neglecting Wattpad but I assure you that I am most likely never going to make the damn team so I'll have more time!!