Chapter 34

I think I genuinely love this book too much to end it. I'm so sad, like I have such a large attachment to my characters omg 😭
_________________________________

Seokjin POV

I sat slumped on the floor with my head buried in my hands.

This was all my fault. I should've pushed harder to give Yubin the easiest time. I shouldn't have fought her on anything either. Because of all of this, she was suffering alone. And now her and our child might not even make it out okay.

I felt so helpless. It was like I was a teenager all over again forced to deal with the fact that my parents had died.

I couldn't lose Yubin or Suyeon. I absolutely could not. I was walking out of this hospital with my two girls. No question about it.

"Hyung!" A voice called.

I looked up to see the guys running toward me as fast as they could, ignoring all the shocked stares as they sprinted to me.

Everyone in the hospital must've already clocked onto the reason I was here which was yet another headache to deal with, but for right now, I just wanted everyone to be okay.

"What happened? Why aren't you inside with Yubin noona?" Taehyung asked.

My lip quivered. I was so close to breaking. I could not hold it together. My bridge was currently giving birth to our child all alone and she wouldn't even know she did it.

"Oh hyung..." Namjoon muttered, catching onto what happened.

He quietly explained it to them making them go silent.

They all dropped to my side enveloping me in a warm group hug. God how long had it been since we embraced so sincerely.

"She's strong hyung. If anyone can make it through, it's Kwon Yubin," Yoongi comforted.

I let out a shaky breath, "I—I'm so scared."

And I broke down.

I, Kim Seokjin, the most arrogant, selfish, cold, jerk, was sobbing in front of my best friends in a public hospital because I was scared.

The boys only hugged me tighter, unafraid to show their love for me.

We heard another group of footsteps running our way.

Guilt overtook me as I saw who it was.

Her family.

Eunbi pranced over with a glorious twinkle in her eyes. She was so excited. My heart shattered into fifty thousand pieces. I was either going to die or break her heart.

Her mother was beaming with pride and even Chanhyuk looked genuinely excited.

My stomach churned at the thought of having to tell them that she had to have a c-section because she was stressed.

As they approached our huddle, the smiles on their faces faded away.

"Why aren't you inside with her? Where's the baby?" Eunbi asked.

I bit my lip, "S—she has to get a c-section. Her b-blood pressure was s-scarily high."

I was dying under the weight of their crestfallen gazes. Suddenly, I knew what it felt like when I stared intensely at other people.

Eunbi spoke slowly, "And you're sitting here crying because...?"

"I—I'm so damn worried. It's all my fault and I—I just want to walk out of here with my girls," I sniffled.