Chapter 30

Seokjin POV

"I'll get going," I said, pressing a chaste kiss to her forehead.

Yubin groggily moaned, offering me a small grunt of acknowledgment.

I chuckled, "I'll be home soon. Don't work too hard and if you get hungry, I opened three more pickle jars."

"Mm...pickles~" she hummed.

I softly watched as she drifted off back into her dreamland before shutting the door behind me.

The convention event that Yubin was tirelessly working on was fast approaching so the guys and I decided to go to our usual spot and talk a little bit about last minute plans.

Honestly, these annual conventions always stressed me out, simply because major businesses were always there.

Including that on my extended family. The one that I disowned and publicly ridiculed. I truly despised seeing them. Every year, there was always some snide remark they'd make to try and convince me to join our businesses, but I was smarter than that to fall for the 'sentimental family truck.'

The press unfortunately knew about our plans, and it was pretty much a stop and go drive the entire way with Driver Son narrowly missing several Dispatch reporters who were looking to get hit by a car.

Through lots of defensive driving, we managed to arrive without a scratch. The press seemed extra interested in us today, and I assumed it was because of the whole girlfriend thing.

I got out and was instantly swarmed by press and even normal 'fans.'

I hated feeling suffocated. Especially by cameras and bright lights. Being the son of influential parents, I experienced it my whole life. I'm sure not as much as a celebrity child, but it wasn't like I didn't deal with the insanity of cameras and rich people constantly.

I scowled as I roughly brushed past the growing mob.

My name was being shouted in ten different directions, and it was honestly giving me the largest migraine ever.

I finally lost it and whirled on all the people around me.

I gave every single person a nasty glare, "If I don't receive a radius of twenty feet from you guys, I will personally break your camera and shove it six feet under."

And with that, angrily pushed past everyone and rushed inside the lounge where the other guys looked equally as frustrated as they waited for me.

"Sorry," I said shortly.

"It's fine hyung. They're just being their usual annoying self," Hoseok groaned.

I frustratedly ran my hands through my hair, "That's one way to say it. I wish they'd just give it a break. The fact that I have a girlfriend isn't enough drama for them? Must they know who she is only so her life can be totally destroyed."

The others understandingly patted my back.

We had all grown up in this life. We'd lived it our whole life. It was an unfortunate and endless cycle that future generations would endure.

I settled into a bar stool beside Jungkook, taking the drink that had already been prepped for me. Nothing like alcohol in the afternoon.

We dove into our usual business talks, blabbing about numbers, parties, and all that boring stuff that I almost forgot about due to all the time I had spent with Yubin.

It was almost nice to not hear all this stuff for a while. I felt more human knowing my whole life wasn't characterized by insignificant numbers.

"Hyung...what about your family?" Taehyung mumbled tentatively, the fear of him asking about such a sore subject bleeding through his apprehensive voice.