Prologue

My legs dangled off of the clinic bed like a child's. My mind was full of thoughts as to what the results would be and if everything had gone well.

I wanted to do this for my parents. Since no one else was capable, I had to do it on my own so I could make them proud.

"Oh my god what am I doing?" I sighed, burying my face in my hands.

There was a knock at the door.

"Come in!"

The fertility doctor came into my room with a bright smile plastered on her face. Oh how I wish I could wipe the look off of her face.

She pulled out her laptop and began to type obnoxiously while humming a tune as if I wasn't sitting right across from her anxiously awaiting the news of success.

"Well?" I huffed.

She turned to me, "Ah of course. You must be anxious."

I rolled my eyes, "Yeah no kidding."

I picked up the bottle of water next to me and drank as she began to speak.

"Your artificial insemination was successful. Congratulations! You're pregnant!"

I nodded while drinking my water, the news not fully hitting me yet. I was pregnant, yay. But this was not the way I ever thought I'd be going about it.

"Here's all the information from the tests and scans. Also, as per protocol you will see the name and number of your sperm donor should you want to get in contact with them and allow a relationship with you and your child. You'll be pleased to know that your sperm donor was Kim Seokjin."

I almost spat out my water.

"WHAT?!"

"You heard me correctly Miss Kwon. The person's sperm fertilized your egg is Korea's most eligible and rich CEO, Kim Seokjin's..."