Chapter 13: Hair

"Ha! No." Alastor said sternly at what Angel Dust was holding.

"Come on Al, just this once?" Angel held the thing close to his chest and made puppy eyes. They seemed to work momentarily.

"Well...no! I wish to keep my dignity." Alastor started walking away, but Angel stopped him with a hand on his shoulder.

"Please?" The spider begged. Closing the distance between them until their bodies just barely touched, enough to make Alastor uncomfortable, in a good way.

"A-Angel, you kn-know how I feel a-about personal-" the deer never stood a chance. Angel pressed up against him, a hand slowly creeping up the back of his neck, and into his hair as they shared a passionate kiss. Soon Angel's hand was just barely touching the base of Alastor's ear.

"A-Angel..." Alastor spoke after they broke away from their kiss and had gotten in a few labored breaths.

"Please~" Angel had gotten better at messing with Alastor since they'd started dating.

"Alright." Alastor gave in, sighing in defeat.

"Yay! Come on I gotta do your hair too." Angel started guiding the startled deer to his bedroom.

"Wait, I never agreed to that!" It was to late. Before Alastor knew what hit him, he was sitting in front of his dresser mirror. The spider was pulling various hair products out of drawers.

"It'll look better if I fix up your hair." Angel went and filled a small spray bottle up in his bathroom. He came back and took a comb that Alastor had been playing with. Careful not to spray one spot to much, Angel Dust carefully sprayed Alastor's hair and combed each spot, getting out any possible tangles.

"Stop wigglin'." Angel murmured as he started combing all of the deer's hair back except his bangs. Angel grabbed a few black bobby pins and held them in his bottom right hand as he worked on his masterpiece.

"Is that a hair curler?" Alastor asked as Angel grabbed for it, holding it in his bottom left hand.

"Yep." After curling the deer's hair to the side, Angel held the curl in place with a few bobby pins. The spider then combed Alastor's bangs off to the left, since they were still damp, Alastor's bangs stayed where they were combed. Angel then set the curler and Bobby pins down, grabbing a red hibiscus flower hair clip.

"Almost done." Angel said as he grabbed at what he wanted Alastor to wear. It was a black hair comb with beautiful red lycoris flowers. Careful not to damage the curl, Angel Dust put the hair comb in so it was supported by Alastor's hair.

"All done." Angel gestured to Alastor's hair in the mirror, watching eagerly as the deer gazed at the spider's handy work in the mirror.

"It...looks good." Alastor hadn't thought he'd actually like seeing his hair like this, but he did.

"This mean I'll get to do your hair more often?" Angel Dust asked hopefully.

"Maybe, but why don't you let me do yours as well?" Alastor got up from the chair he'd been sitting in and gestured for Angel to sit. Once the spider was seated, Alastor began to look over Angel's hair various hair accessories, determining what would be best to use.

"Better warn ya now, my hair's a bitch to work with." Alastor chuckled at Angel's words.

"Oh I don't think that'll be a problem." Alastor found some white hair ties and a pink brush in one of the top dresser drawers. He then looked at Angel's hair as an idea form in his head.

"I don't know how to do anything really fancy, but this should be just as good." Alastor began brushing his spider's hair into two parts on either side of his head, spraying it with water if it tried to resist.

Angel didn't look as Alastor worked with his hair, he wanted it to be a surprise. Soon Alastor had a set of ponytails on the spider's head. The deer then reached for the hair curler. He'd watched how Angel Dust had used it and mimicked what he'd seen.

Soon Alastor had curled the pigtails, and was now reaching for a strand of hair that he hadn't put into the pigtails. Careful not to burn Angel, Alastor curled the strand of hair, then let it fall to the side of Angel's face. The deer gave his boyfriend's hair a once over before deciding it looked good.

"Do you like it?" Alastor asked and Angel began studying it in the mirror.

"It's perfect." Angel got up and kissed Alastor's cheek, "I love it Al."

-------------------------------------------------

"You look...different." Furfur pointed out as he walked up to his son, who'd just been helping out a guest.

"Angel did my hair. What do you think?" Alastor even changed our if his usual attire, and into a loose fitting white dress shirt, along with black pants and dress shoes. Furfur noticed how laid back his son seemed, and it made him happy.

"I like it." Furfur smiled. Knowing that Alastor had someone who could make him happy overjoyed Furfur. He could hardly remember a time in life where Alastor seemed truly at ease.

"Thank you, father." Alastor smiled as he walked away to go help another guest.

-------------------------------------------------

"You guys did each other's hair?" Cherri asked from where she sat across from Angel Dust.

"Yeah. Not bad right?" Angel stretched across his side of the booth. They were in Mimzy's bar, drinking and talking.

"Yep. Angel I think you've found yourself a keeper." Cherri Bomb snickered from across the table.

"Excuse me?" An imp came over to them, "Are you Angel Dust?"

"Yeah." Angel sat up. He was used to demons recognizing him. This imp was probably just a fan.

"Some guy with heart shaped glasses told me to give this to you." Angel felt his heart drop as the imp handed him a scrap of folded paper. There was only one demon Angel knew who had heart shaped glasses.

"Have a nice day." The imp said as Angel took the paper. As soon as he was gone from view, Angel Dust opened up the paper and read what it said.

"What does it say?" Cherri asked in a quite tone. She also only knew one demon who wore heart shaped glasses from Angel's stories.

"It says if I don't go back to the studio...Val's gonna attack the hotel."